BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am stripping out the interior of my M5 - problem - drivers electric seat is positioned to the rear setting - thus not allowing me access to the two bolts which need undoing to release the seat - i do not have any power in the vehicle - help please

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Probably best just to rehook the battery or some spare to power the seat forward. If you have stripped the power then the wiring that controls the seat back and forward motion is BL/GE and VI/GE according to my Chilton's manual. I believe BL=blue, VI-violet and GE=yellow but am not a hundred percent sure.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hi,
I can bring round my 535i battery if you need it. Not an exact match, but should do the trick.

I`m off to dad`s for a day, but could do it monday (bank holiday) or tuesday.

Ivan.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi Durt

It's also worth remembering that you need a 'star' socket to undo the seat retaining bolts?

Regards

Brian

durt said:
i am stripping out the interior of my M5 - problem - drivers electric seat is positioned to the rear setting - thus not allowing me access to the two bolts which need undoing to release the seat - i do not have any power in the vehicle - help please

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
durt said:

Durt,

Two words. Blow torch! :hihi: :hihi:

Just joking! Hope you are well.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yewcorner said:
Hi Durt

It's also worth remembering that you need a 'star' socket to undo the seat retaining bolts?

Regards

Brian

A 7/16th spanner or socket does the job

:1: :1: :1:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vadas1 said:
Durt,

Two words. Blow torch! :hihi: :hihi:

Just joking! Hope you are well.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

Ralph - if Ivans battery does not do the trick - the little blighters who destroyed my car also took the battery amongst many other bits - blow torch or grinder may be the onlt option.

The Bentley ManuaL DOES SAY THAT YOU CAN INSERT A TOOL INTO THE ELECTRIC MOTOR AND TURN IT BY HAND TO MOVE THE SEAT FORWARD OR BACK ? HAD A LOOK - BEATS ME

·
Registered
609 Posts
Actually any spare car battery should do the trick. Even one of those jump start batteries.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Durt :byee55amg ,

Cant answer for your seats also i reckon any battery should power up the ECU enough to move your seats.
BUT : Do you still have available the rear coil springs and struts mounts available for sale as well as your engine mounts and windows relay located underneath the rear seats please ? :blabla:
I did email you few times on your private email adress about those and offered prices but never get any answer :sad2: . Could you consider answering for these bits please. Also could you tell me if they are on the shelf (well in your garage) as were the last bits i bought from you or will they need dismantling, as for my part I lost usage of my right arm for at least 2 months due to a recent accident.
Cheers:cheers: .....and happy NEW YEAR
Styve

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BURTON said:
What has happened to your M?

To cut it short.

Upon putting my M5 in for it's annual MOT - a little twat of a mechanic took it for a run at night and smashed it.

Written off - due to uneconomical repair costs - hence she is being broken.

:crying: :mad: :crying: :mad: :crying: :mad: :crying:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi Durt,

I am trying to adapt a Recaro seat onto the M5. Unfortunately, the only seat rails I could get from Recaro are for manual adjustment.

Please let me know (offline) if you do not need your electric seat motors or other related parts.

thank you,

mike wong
[email protected]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mywong23 said:
Hi Durt,

I am trying to adapt a Recaro seat onto the M5. Unfortunately, the only seat rails I could get from Recaro are for manual adjustment.

Please let me know (offline) if you do not need your electric seat motors or other related parts.

thank you,

mike wong
[email protected]

sorry,

got the seats out, and sold them

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi again durt,

I know your engine had major work done before the monkey niked your car and d put i around a tree. Would be interested to discuss a price for it if you want. Cheers. Styve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts