BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have an E55 electric fan, 2 stage, but i dont think i can make it fit in the oem shroud without some slice and dice work. what fans are you guys running?

1. brand
2. dimensions
3. single or dual stage
4. amount of airflow
5. cost

thanks
-R

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
How much space do you have?

I am using F-body dual fans and they have plenty of airflow, are relatively cheap and easy to modify to fit.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much space do you have?

I am using F-body dual fans and they have plenty of airflow, are relatively cheap and easy to modify to fit.
i have the OEM shroud fan area, minus 2 inches of width. so whatever that equates to.

·
Registered
991 Posts
1. Perma-cool
<table class="overvw"><tbody><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Fan Diameter (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">18.000 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Height (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">17.750 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Width (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">17.750 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Thickness (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">3.750 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Number of Blades</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">6 blades</td></tr></tbody></table>
3. Single
4. 2,550

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Perma-cool
<table class="overvw"><tbody><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Fan Diameter (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">18.000 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Height (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">17.750 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Width (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">17.750 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Thickness (in)</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">3.750 in.</td></tr><tr><td class="overvw-labels">Number of Blades</td><td class="overvw-midmargin">
</td><td class="overvw-data">6 blades</td></tr></tbody></table>
3. Single
4. 2,550
could you add the cost as well?

please and thanks
-R

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: tradin1

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Reactions: Frye

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I take it you couldn't get the IC hoses to fit how you wanted.

The Zionsville is what most people are running: Zionsville Autosport: BMW E39 M5 Super Duty Cooling Kit

Single or Dual speed options
2070 cfm
88mm thick

http://www.spalusa.com/pdf/30102049_SPEC.PDF#view=FitH
i havent had time to tinker with it just yet, im sure i can make it work, but its a cost effective thing. just seeing what my options are. ideally i would like to keep the mechanical fan for simplicity purposes.

$149.95

Will the Zionsville fit with a supercharger? I only have seen one briefly.
yes

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup, i couldnt get my E55 amg fan to fit, way too big, going to order a spal 16" fan and i bet it will work. the E55 fan i was able to trim down to 19", having an additional 3 inches to play with should seal the deal. the fact the spal fan is so slim will only make it easier!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
pusher would only be worth while with all the AC stuff out of the way.

whatever fan you chose, make sure your shroud is sealed air-tight against the radiator and fan.

EDIT: also, OEMs are generally the best wrt flow and long-term longevity.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
When you tore the front off of peter's car, you helped remove it.....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have the Spal fan listed above attached right to the radiator with the stock front fan/shroud removed.

It works ok, but I'm going to buy the zionsville shroud, it's ~$300.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts