BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering instead of buying aftermarket oil cooler, can't i just install electric fan on the stock oil cooler, so when it the temp of the oil reached up, turn on the fan to cool it down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will get hotter once I install the pulley and where I live it can hit 40c in the summer.
I don't want to spend $1200 for oil cooler, this way I was thinking of electric fan, like 2 small ones, mounted on the oil cooler, once the temp goes little up, turn on the fans. I have seen it done in other cars like Evos, but their oil cooler are big, compare to others, and also they mount big fan in it. I want to know, is it worth doing it and will it cool the oil compare to bigger oil cooler.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Honestly given the small size of cooler and the like wise small fans, I cannot see it making a difference in the temp. You might see an slight improvement when at a standstill idling, but once the car is moving the fans would be meaningless. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was wondering instead of buying aftermarket oil cooler, can't i just install electric fan on the stock oil cooler, so when it the temp of the oil reached up, turn on the fan to cool it down.

Sure, try it!

I ran oil cooler fans on my road racing and drag racing cars back in the day and it helped. :M5rev:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts