BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been into stupid loud nice sounding exhaust, the thing was for my every day car, it was not that practical. I currently have the Eisenhaus Meisterschaft GT with race cats and resonators. I came across these https://shop.quicktimeperformance.co...ct_detail&p=29 and had to buy them.

The question I am wondering is, where should i put these? Before my Cats and Resonators (after my headers) or right before my mufflers. If I was to put them after my headers it will be alot louder but I would need these in 3" instead of the 2 1/2 like I bought already, I can return them, I was just wondering what you thought. Here are some pictures on a c63 amg.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
There probably won't be too much difference if you just put them right before the mufflers. If you're doing to do it, do it! Go right after the headers and have 2 drastically different levels/sounds!
If you do it, post a video. I am interested in hearing how this sounds...:cheers:

·
Registered
350 Posts
As said above, definitely post some sound clips. I have read alot about how this may be a power loss setup but for effect, it woud really be fun.

Cant wait to hear the difference!

·
Registered
130 Posts
+1! I want to hear the sound clips. That would be perfect. Nice and controlled leaving the house, then once you're out of the neighborhood, let it whale!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hmmm, interesting! Please post a sound clip later. I wonder though if this might in any way have a negative impact on performance?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I actually think they might lose performance. With so much debate over primary cat back exhausts, it's clear there is little total power (though torque on some systems raises a bit).

The right tuned completely replaced cat-back systems seem to generate only 5-10 HP, with debate over some systems losing power, etc. I would say over half the performance benefit is gained from losing 50-80 lbs of exhaust weight.

So the only place to gain power would be behind the primary header cats, and ahead of the secondary cats. Again, don't know how disruptive it will be to the exhaust flow (which you want a high, clean one) exiting behind the primary cat...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, at least you tried.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
BAD IDEA GUYS... only because they dont fit.. ill go into one driveway with an incline and find my cut outs on the floor!
Hahah, thanks for the feedback. Did you even get them put on? If so, how did they sound?
Not that I'm interested in doing it myself, but is there enough space to perhaps angle them sideways (even just a little bit) so theyy're not pointing directly downward? How much further down did they hang off the bottom of the car?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did not even try, Soon as I had the car on the lift, i put them where they would be and they were 2 inches off the ground facing sideways and tried every way so they do not get near the ground but no good.. If you cut off the heat shield by the mufflers (sect 3) you can put them in and it will be after your cats, and resonators. So its like your running no mufflers when they are open. Reason why i didn't try that was because I had 3" cut outs for right after the headers, the pipes get smaller and turn into 2.5 ".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts