BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what people's experience has been; I have the silenced RPI exhaust on my 6 speed for exactly a week, the drone was unbearable. Is Eisenmann any better?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I cannot speak for the Eisenmann - but the Tubi Sport had zero drone.
We put a RPI on my wifes E60 550i when we had it (2011/2012'ish) - It droned baaaddd.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the RPI GTS, I don't get any drone. But then again, drone is subjective.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have the RPI GTS, I don't get any drone. But then again, drone is subjective.
Yea... it is really not - RPI drones with the first and second order harmonics, 1200 and 2400 rpm. That deep "bass" you hear that gets strong when you rev through those bands is drone.

BMW actually did a meh job handling the resonance on the 6speed cars, you don't get the drone, but you can still feel the harmonics.

·
Registered
200 Posts
To some those 'harmonics' wouldn't be considered drone. I've driven in civics that I'd consider droney with the fart cans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had Eisenmann race on mine and no drone whatsoever. However, I only had the eisenmann rear section and stock headers and stock x pipe. I’m not sure about the sport version though as I have never heard it. As for the race, even on long drives, no matter the rpm it would not drone

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Meisterschaft Section 1 and Section 2 X-Pipe + an Eisenmann Race exhaust and there is no drone whatsoever.
In fact it's still too silent for me and I'll get Evolve headers next year.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the Eisenmann Sport Mufflers (only) : no drone, nice sound and road legal in Switzerland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
if you want ZERO drone get a Corsa....it's what they are known for. I have one and can testify.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts