BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it true that with the Eisenmann Sport you may lose power hp since they use more chambers to quite the sound? Someone told me if I were to get either sport/race to go with race so I would not lose any hp and maybe gain a few. I dont want the obnoxious sound of the race but dont want to lose hp either... Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
maybe you might want to try another brand such as supersprint, rdsport?

Last time I heard, the supersprint race is way more civilized than eisenmann race

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I think even e-sport still better than stock in term of air-flow. Nobody ever proof it lose power, but again it will not gain you power as well. Exhaust on S85 just for sound, IMO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually think the cars feels faster with the e-sport. I'm only going off the butt dyno but I actually notice more difference with the exhaust than I do with the removal of the charcoal filters.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I actually think the cars feels faster with the e-sport. I'm only going off the butt dyno but I actually notice more difference with the exhaust than I do with the removal of the charcoal filters.
Just the opposite for me. First thing I noticed with the E-sport was loss of low end torque. Our butt dynos are definitely calibrated differently....:7:

Cheers ///

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just the opposite for me. First thing I noticed with the E-sport was loss of low end torque. Our butt dynos are definitely calibrated differently....:7:

Cheers ///
thats what I was told... they told me to get RACE because it will not make me lose any power.... :1zhelp:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
The sport is less free flowing then the race, but I am not sure if it exactly losses power compared to stock. That being said, race is the better bet in terms of flow and sound (although it is very loud). I find the SuperSprint to be too tame for my tastes...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I find the SuperSprint to be too tame for my tastes...
Which SS though ? the sport or race ?

I currently have SS race and i dont find it too low but im starting to scratch my head if i should get rid of it and go for SS sport before i add headers and racing cats. I found a pair of ss sport and now the question is should get rid of the ones i have ? :3:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The sport is less free flowing then the race, but I am not sure if it exactly losses power compared to stock. That being said, race is the better bet in terms of flow and sound (although it is very loud). I find the SuperSprint to be too tame for my tastes...
Boston Rocket told me his Race is too loud....:confused3 Im confused.... maybe the Meistercheif would be an option since it is in between sport and race....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Which SS though ? the sport or race ?

I currently have SS race and i dont find it too low but im starting to scratch my head if i should get rid of it and go for SS sport before i add headers and racing cats. I found a pair of ss sport and now the question is should get rid of the ones i have ? :3:
I have SS headers with the SS Sport muffler and it is perfect for me. It is certainly louder than stock but not by much. Now if you go with the sport cats I am sure it would take it to another (sound) level.

Cheers ///

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Black M5:

I have heard the SS race alone and the SS Sport with headers and cats. Both are a nice sound, but not super aggresive by any means. The Eisenmann is obnoxious, I love it, *haha*.

BD997:

I think the Meistercheif is the way to go for you. You like the c/f tips too no? I'll make a couple calls this week and try to find some mor einfo out for you. You must be getting excited about the car, it should be here ina couple weeks!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
BD997:

I think the Meistercheif is the way to go for you. You like the c/f tips too no? I'll make a couple calls this week and try to find some mor einfo out for you. You must be getting excited about the car, it should be here ina couple weeks!
I am excited but.... it goes into production next monday... so we are looking at 8-12week build from there :dunno: ?????? ouich :crying2:

I dont like the c/f tips... I think im leaning towards the Le mans.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Black M5:

I have heard the SS race alone and the SS Sport with headers and cats. Both are a nice sound, but not super aggresive by any means. The Eisenmann is obnoxious, I love it, *haha*
but what happens when SS race and x pipe + headers + cats = ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Another placebo example? :bookworm:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
BD 997 what exhaust note are you trying to achieve? There are so many configurations you can consider. Will you have headers or not?
It seems like most , you want a definite audible change but not obnoxiuos.
IMO the Eisenmann race is loud (fine by me) but too raspy.
I was going to give a list of possible configurations but best not. This is your personal choice.

I have no concrete info of power loss with the E-sport.
Bottomline exhaust system power gains proven on dyno's I have not seen done much. There is a system which did show gains but we'll leave that alone.

Good luck,
Ranger

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is an old thread... Im running dinan with eisenmann x-pipe now and am very happy... Its loud when I want it to be (when its time to t
rip it up) and tame when I need it to be (around cops and neighbors)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
BD 997 what exhaust note are you trying to achieve? There are so many configurations you can consider. Will you have headers or not?
It seems like most , you want a definite audible change but not obnoxiuos.
IMO the Eisenmann race is loud (fine by me) but too raspy.
I was going to give a list of possible configurations but best not. This is your personal choice.

I have no concrete info of power loss with the E-sport.
Bottomline exhaust system power gains proven on dyno's I have not seen done much. There is a system which did show gains but we'll leave that alone.

Good luck,
Ranger
Hmmm... You must be talking about DINAN

Siiike ... I know you're an ASR man!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts