BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have done many searches but still have not found the information I am really looking for.

What is the difference b/w the eisenmann race and kelleners sport edition exhaust. I have heard the kelleners is louder, but is that the only reason why it costs $300 more than the eisenmann.

please help me, I want to buy one of these two exhausts as soon as possible (and then slap on a SS x-pipe, of course) but I dont want to waste an extra $300 if I dont have to.

thank you for your input

Mark

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALEV8 said:
I have the Eisenmann + X pipe, & I love it. Not too loud either.
I want it to be loud. I'm just wondering if the two exhausts are virtually the same and why the Kelleners is significantly more!?

Mark

·
Registered
540 Posts
I believe they are virtually the same...if you want loud, do the xpipe for sure. Not sure if I understood your post correctly but it makes sense to do both at the same time.

al

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M5 Fever said:
I believe they are virtually the same...if you want loud, do the xpipe for sure. Not sure if I understood your post correctly but it makes sense to do both at the same time.

al

I think you are referring to the extra $300. I am not talking about the price of the x-pipe, I am talking about the fact that Kelleners costs that much more than Eisenmann.

Mark

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
If you want loud... maybe you can go straight pipes... would be very cheap too... :biggrin:

to answer your question why kelleners is more expensive... it's because kelleners is a brand.. they decided that their name is worth the extra $300, so they charge the extra $300 and people keep buying it just 'coz it's kelleners endorsed.. It's basically buying oem vs. brand name stuff...

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
tfung said:
If you want loud... maybe you can go straight pipes... would be very cheap too... :biggrin:
Terrance is right. Straight pipe with muffler by-pass is LOUD, and may be 80lbs lighter as well. All you need is to slap the mufflers back on if you have smog examinations in Santa Fe.

Hey, Terrance, long time. Still loving it in HK? Sugi has an internship this summer in HK, May through August 2005. Hope you guys can catch each other then.

CP

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
The Eisenmann and Kelleners exhuasts are one and the same. You are paying for the name as Terence stated. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
there are sound difference between the two..the eisen race has a more metalic zing to its tone with the kelleners having a more gut busting sound.

so even though everyone on this board swears that they are the same exhaust, they are not...the casings on the oustide are different but Kelleners actually specified the internals of it to change the tone.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your help. SC'dKelleners, I have heard the same thing about the sounds of the two exhausts. It seems like the majority of the people on this board prefer Kelleners over Eisenmann so there has to be some sort of difference. I am leaning toward Kelleners now after doing a lot of research.

Thanks again for all the input.

Mark

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
while the internals for the kelleners may be different, I personally think that even with the same brand of exhaust, no 2 cars will sound the same... I've heard a few cars supersprint exhausts with x-pipes, and they all sound a bit different even tho the setup was the same.. same with eisenman equipped M3s... they all sound different even tho all the ones I've heard were race versions... hiha

·
Registered
330 Posts
tfung said:

to answer your question why kelleners is more expensive... it's because kelleners is a brand.. they decided that their name is worth the extra $300, so they charge the extra $300 and people keep buying it just 'coz it's kelleners endorsed.. It's basically buying oem vs. brand name stuff...
Yep I totally agree.

Just like you can buy Levi's and Versace jeans in a store and pay a price difference. Same sh**.

Right now concerning quality and sound, Tubi Race is best and Beastpower has best prices.

BTW i have Kelleners myself.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm looking for an exhaust that does not make the M5 sound like a V8 Commodore.

Here in Australia the locally build Commodores have the chevvie LS1. Last thing I want is for someone to hear the M5 coming and think its going to be a commodore V8 ;)

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
aaronmiles said:

Here in Australia the locally build Commodores have the chevvie LS1. Last thing I want is for someone to hear the M5 coming and think its going to be a commodore V8 ;)
AC Schnitzer exhaust with no x-pipe... makes the car sound even more refined, and only a few decibils louder..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still love the sound of kelleners. my opinion, but i think it is the best sounding and meanest exhuast for our beatsts. and that is the sound that turns heads. we all know exhaust barely enhances performance, so why settle for something quiet if we know what we could be missing out on???

these are my thoughts,

Mark

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
aaronmiles said:
On one hand I know what you mean, and soon as I clear off the backlog of *other* stuff that needs to be done I'll be putting an Eisenmann setup on my car.

On the other...IMO there is nothing that sounds better than an LS1 or LS6 'Vette with a Corsa exhaust. It's a bloody pipe organ, it's got so many wonderful harmonics playing with each other that you just involuntarily burst out into a silly grin when you hear it, I love it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
JEM said:
On one hand I know what you mean, and soon as I clear off the backlog of *other* stuff that needs to be done I'll be putting an Eisenmann setup on my car.

On the other...IMO there is nothing that sounds better than an LS1 or LS6 'Vette with a Corsa exhaust. It's a bloody pipe organ, it's got so many wonderful harmonics playing with each other that you just involuntarily burst out into a silly grin when you hear it, I love it.
Corsa is nice but, I think the Borla 4 tip stinger exhaust sounds really good, had them on my Z06 and it sounded nuts, Josh Just my opinionmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts