BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I have recently taken delivery of the e-race with oval tips this weekend and had it installed at Motorsport Technique in Hayward. For some reason the exhaust doesn't appear to be that loud and I'm beginning to wonder if I was sent the e-sport by accident.

Does it take a while for the exhaust to become loud? When I start up the car it's deep but revving doesn't give it any type of F1 sound that I was expecting. As a matter of fact, I think the E-Race for my M3 was louder.

Is there anyone in the S. Bay I can meet up with that has the e-race with oval tips?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Depends on your definition of loud, but it should be loud out of the box. lasorsa (probably) got the sport exhaust by accident as well. One sure way to find out is the muffler itself should have "Race" stamped on a plate.
BTW, the tips don't affect volume. Just find anyone with the race mufflers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Race is not stamped on the plate. There is a number and then on the side it says E1

·
Registered
155 Posts
It should be obnoxiously loud at start... In my own perspective, I feel its a little loud at idle. The F1 sound you're looking for is when you pass 4000+ rpms.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Member Polar993 has the E-Race I believe but he's in SF. We should also meet up some time. I'd like to check your car out also.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi Bill,

The E-Race should be VERY loud, especially on a cold start. When you start your car tomorrow morning and if the first 30 seconds after it starts up aren't REALLY loud and resonant, Eisenhaus probably sent you the Sport exhaust by accident. I've that it's happened before.

Unfortunately there is no label or markings on the Eisenmann mufflers to distinguish them (Sport from Race).

I'm on the East Coast for a few weeks, but I'd like to meet up with some other Bay Area members to checkout their rides. Let's stay in touch.

Hopefully the guys over at Motorsport Techniques took good care of you. They are very nice and really care about the work they do. Tim is the main person who works on my car, and I trust him implicitly. They are not a super high-end shop, but I would definitely recommend them to anyone on this board because of the quality of their work and their reasonable rates.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Hey, we should do a meet at Santana Row in SJ one of these days where the exotics meet. Should I start a thread in the events section?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey, we should do a meet at Santana Row in SJ one of these days where the exotics meet. Should I start a thread in the events section?
Sounds good....I'm in!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
E-race is noticeably louder than stock exhaust. There is no way you could not notice the difference if you have the E-race. They might have ship the sport version to you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies. The exhaust is muffled i.e., it sounds deeper but nothing even close to an F1. I'm almost positive I have the e-sport instead of the e-race. I should hear back from the folks that sold me the exhaust today to verify.

Tom-The guys at Motorsport are great and I'm very happy with their work. You actually recommended them to me and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hmm. You sure, polar? Maybe it just says 'Eisenmann E60 M5'. Can't remember now. Will have to have a look when it's on a lift again. Apologies if I'm wrong.

I've had both the E-Sport and the E-Race and there are no specific labels or markings that differentiate the two. Perhaps Eisenmann should consider labeling their products to avoid this confusion and uncertainty???

This is the label that was on my E-Sport. It looks virtually the same as what's on my E-Race.

Bill, it may be possible to give Eisenmann the numbers that are on this tag on your mufflers. Maybe it's an internal code that they use to differentiate the two exhausts.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I've had both the E-Sport and the E-Race and there are no specific labels or markings that differentiate the two. Perhaps Eisenmann should consider labeling their products to avoid this confusion and uncertainty???

This is the label that was on my E-Sport. It looks virtually the same as what's on my E-Race.

Bill, it may be possible to give Eisenmann the numbers that are on this tag on your mufflers. Maybe it's an internal code that they use to differentiate the two exhausts.

Gotcha. Thanks polar. Again, sorry for misleading you, Bill. Haven't seen the actual mufflers since I had them installed a year ago.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You might of got the sport, definetely check with another memeber to see if your exhaust is as loud as it should be.

Also how much did Motorsport Technique in Hayward charge for the install?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom-I have the same numbers on my exhaust plate 015390 E1. I spoke to Ryan this afternoon and he is looking into it.

For what it's worth, the oval tips look awesome! :cheers:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Guys:

Quick Update. I spoke to Ryan and after further review, he confirmed that I do have the e-race. I was told the new "batch" is quieter than the previous batches. :dunno: They're telling me that I must go through the entire 1,200 mile break-in period. I've only driven the car about 75-100 miles since installing the exhaust on Saturday. I truly think I have the e-sport.

I might look at exchanging my exhaust for another e-race to compare.

I'll keep you guys posted. Both Ryan and Rush have been very helpful so far.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Hey Guys:

Quick Update. I spoke to Ryan and after further review, he confirmed that I do have the e-race. I was told the new "batch" is quieter than the previous batches. :dunno: They're telling me that I must go through the entire 1,200 mile break-in period. I've only driven the car about 75-100 miles since installing the exhaust on Saturday. I truly think I have the e-sport.

I might look at exchanging my exhaust for another e-race to compare.

I'll keep you guys posted. Both Ryan and Rush have been very helpful so far.

Well, if that's the case, then that's a bunch of crap. Unless you HAVE to have the oval tips, I'd get my money back or trade in for the Meisterschaft (at NO cost to you). Eisenhaus should note these changes to their exhausts on their website or this forum.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts