BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

I thought I will share my recent upgrade on the beast. Previously I had Supersprints Race. SS Xpipe and Decat.

Bought Eisenmann Race, the rest of the set up remains same. Now let me tell you i have had eisnemann on my previous cars and loved it to bits, but this time its rather disappointing.

It is so loud that I am embarrased to drive... lol

spent a lot of money on it but if its just an empty box with straight pipes then i am certainly not happy. It sounds just like a muffler delete.

I am going to try to get the oem midsection back on which i have to buy off ebay and lose my xpipe which means I will be losing more money in the process of making it quieter.

I like loud exhaust but this is just insane and horrible.

I will upload the video soon.

Now I know how good the supersrpint was.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Am currently in the process of purchasing either the Eisenmann race or sport exhaust. I have no other exhaust mods on the car right now and don't plan on it. My worry is the race exhaust will be obnoxiously loud or the sport won't be enough.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you will be fine with race if you havent got decat or xpipe

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hi Gents,

I thought I will share my recent upgrade on the beast. Previously I had Supersprints Race. SS Xpipe and Decat.

Bought Eisenmann Race, the rest of the set up remains same. Now let me tell you i have had eisnemann on my previous cars and loved it to bits, but this time its rather disappointing.

It is so loud that I am embarrased to drive... lol

spent a lot of money on it but if its just an empty box with straight pipes then i am certainly not happy. It sounds just like a muffler delete.

I am going to try to get the oem midsection back on which i have to buy off ebay and lose my xpipe which means I will be losing more money in the process of making it quieter.

I like loud exhaust but this is just insane and horrible.

I will upload the video soon.

Now I know how good the supersrpint was.
I can't belive you didn't like the sound of the E-Race with the SS X-Pipe. Was it really that loud?

I have E-Race on my M6 and I don't think its loud enough. I was thinking of getting a TUBI X-Pipe for some more sound.

Can you post a video of your exhaust with the E-RAce and the SS X-Pipe?

If you are getting rid of your X-Pipe how much? I might be interested.

Hope it all works out for you buddy.

Reactions: BADRIDES

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate. I will definitely need to get rid of the xpipe which cost me £550, I will get rid of it for half the price as its only 6 months old. Im not sure about posting to US. also my decat set up makes it even louder.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Thanks mate. I will definitely need to get rid of the xpipe which cost me £550, I will get rid of it for half the price as its only 6 months old. Im not sure about posting to US. also my decat set up makes it even louder.
Ahh didn't see you were in the UK.

Can you post a video when you can of the sound?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could I install the x-pipe with the rest OEM for any improvement? I'm London bound in a few weeks so could collect.
Xpipe is a great mod for sound and to enable the engine breath better. Mainly sound. Xpipe will be available in couple of weeks. If you are interested i can reserve it for you and it will be a pleasure to meet you anyway.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'll be in London and Wales beween June 27th and July 13th so timing sounds about right. I'll check a few things out this end and confirm either way with you ASAP! And it would be cool to meet in London :)

Xpipe is a great mod for sound and to enable the engine breath better. Mainly sound. Xpipe will be available in couple of weeks. If you are interested i can reserve it for you and it will be a pleasure to meet you anyway.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be in London and Wales beween June 27th and July 13th so timing sounds about right. I'll check a few things out this end and confirm either way with you ASAP! And it would be cool to meet in London :)
sounds a plan

·
2,149 Posts
The Eisenmann race sounds exactly like a muffler delete IMHO. Im anti Eisenmann exhaust for the price and what it is. There are exhausts out there that are actually worth the 3K pricetag and have performance benefits. Eisenmann is really overhyped.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Eisenmann race sounds exactly like a muffler delete IMHO. Im anti Eisenmann exhaust for the price and what it is. There are exhausts out there that are actually worth the 3K pricetag and have performance benefits. Eisenmann is really overhyped.
Not to highjack this thread, but -

Guys, check out my video of Evolve section 3...I just installed it and I think its perfect, at least for me, its a perfect mix of loudness with the valves open, and quiet and calm with them closed. And I don't even have the x-pipe...

Back to Eisenmann, its really not my thing - the sound is too metallic (high pitched) and I think it lacks throatiness and bass, which Evolve E-tronic provides spot on...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not to highjack this thread, but -

Guys, check out my video of Evolve section 3...I just installed it and I think its perfect, at least for me, its a perfect mix of loudness with the valves open, and quiet and calm with them closed. And I don't even have the x-pipe...

Back to Eisenmann, its really not my thing - the sound is too metallic (high pitched) and I think it lacks throatiness and bass, which Evolve E-tronic provides spot on...
You didn't link your video...or am I missing something? Is there a link to the Evolve system available? I'm thinking about an upgrade and want to get as much info on all of the systems available...Right now, I'm leaning towards RPI GT system.

OP....is the X-pipe alone a good mod or does it require 2nd cat deletes to see the good sound? If I went that route, I guess I would keep my oem exhaust cans?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You didn't link your video...or am I missing something? Is there a link to the Evolve system available? I'm thinking about an upgrade and want to get as much info on all of the systems available...Right now, I'm leaning towards RPI GT system.

OP....is the X-pipe alone a good mod or does it require 2nd cat deletes to see the good sound? If I went that route, I guess I would keep my oem exhaust cans?
Looking here too. Does someone have a list compiled of the most common ones? I see several opinions above anti-Eisenmann, any reviews otherwise? Are there any besides Eisenmann that have the oval tips as well?

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,323 Posts
A few of us have links in our signatures with exhaust clips.

I had to stay on the tame side, but wanted to keep the F1 character of our v10.

Details and links in my sig...

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'll be honest, I have the Eisenmann race and absolutely love it. It could be a tad louder IMO, but that's just me. I adore the V10 sound it provides. You could remove your x-pipe and see how that sounded.

Reactions: Killer-Bimmer

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Really... To each their own, but to say its all hype is a little much. I've heard most systems and by far Tubi and E-race make the F1 inspired V10 sound just like it should. Been right next to straight pipes many times and doesn't sound the same, loud and sounds good, but pulses are not controlled.

OP Sell it and it will go to a good home!

Sent from THIS APP SUCKSAutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Really... To each their own, but to say its all hype is a little much. I've heard most systems and by far Tubi and E-race make the F1 inspired V10 sound just like it should. Been right next to straight pipes many times and doesn't sound the same, loud and sounds good, but pulses are not controlled.

OP Sell it and it will go to a good home!

Sent from THIS APP SUCKSAutoGuide.com App
I agree 100%. You can't match a nicely setup Tubi Rumore Or Eisenmann race. I'm thinking about switching out my RPi for an Eisenmann setup soon for more high pitched sound. It'll go nicely with my headers. :biggrinbounce:

Despite my car being loud enough to break the noise barrier I get a lot of compliments on the sound. I did the muffler delete when I first bought the car and it was a great bang for the buck. But sooner or later you'll be wanting more sound, more crackles and pops along with some flames on backfires.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts