BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i ordered and recieved from vividracing.com the AFE cold air intake dual air filter with scoops, active autowerke down pipes, and eisenmann race exhaust for my alpina b3 biturbo. what should i expect after intalling these items? now the alpina turbo boost is set at 16 psi. stock 335 is about 8.3 psi. ive seen 335 hit 390 hp when turbo boost is about 12 psi. 16 psi on the alpina and just 360hp then there must be something holding the power back. any enlightment is much appreciated. thank you<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
where are all the brains?:)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
As a brandnew car ,, and an ALPINA ,, i would leave it stock,

but you are right, The 335 can be tuned to some serious output, IF THAT is you goal , i wouldnt have bought an B3,, but 335i instead

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a brandnew car ,, and an ALPINA ,, i would leave it stock,

but you are right, The 335 can be tuned to some serious output, IF THAT is you goal , i wouldnt have bought an B3,, but 335i instead
you are 100% correct. i am not looking to transfrom the car, i will keep it as it is. the only thing i want to add are the parts i listed. i love the car as it is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One of the biggest restrictions will be the 335i air box and inlet tubes to the turbos. The new Alpina B3S has upgraded both of them. However, I think you cannot buy Alpina parts one by one, but that you need to buy the whole car?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the biggest restrictions will be the 335i air box and inlet tubes to the turbos. The new Alpina B3S has upgraded both of them. However, I think you cannot buy Alpina parts one by one, but that you need to buy the whole car?
i installed the AFE dual cone with air scoops. the sound slighty changed, sounds better and the power is easily noticable. i get plenty of wheel spin when cruising at about 110 km/h and down shift till i get the rpm at 3000 and hit the gas fully. it has plenty of torque. i still have to install the AA downpipes and eisenmann race exhaust. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts