BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Brand new to forum. Bought a 2007 M5 E60 6 months ago. Love the car after spending $10,000 on rod bearings, actuator rebuild and diff oil leak. If anyone's looking for a fantastic mechanic in Wollongong ring Liam of Euro Car Garage.

We just installed the Evolve intake on the weekend and removed all cats, bolted on the Eisenmman oval race rear muffler section.

The drone at 3000rpm cruise mode is crazy. Anyone with suggestions for the system ? Section 1 options maybe ? Or I might go back to the Remus.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had a similar issue with my Hartge back boxes in that they 'resonated' between 2,000 - 2,400 rpm in 7th (110 - 119 kph). I even drove around the drone zone to avoid it (shifting down or up to avoid the drone rpm band). Eventually I put the OEM's back on so I could listen to the Eventuri's growl.

10k? ouch. Presume you installed BE shells, ARP bolts, did the HP internal Vanos line, engine mounts and actuators for that sort of money. Rebuilding the actuators is not a guaranteed fix by the way. The PCB can be cooked and look and work ok, for a while........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Matthew Cleary
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing