BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

This is actually for my new F10 535D M Sport that arrives early next year (yes it's goodbye to the M5!)

The Eibach springs cost £220 and the ACS ones are £400. Any good reason why the ACS ones should cost twice as much?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Would you like us to PM you a quote Indus ?

also I want to point out I was not being critical of ACS as a company, they make some excellent products and we are an official UK agent, it just on certain items they are re badging only so makes some sense to go to the source manufacturer.

thanks
roy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you like us to PM you a quote Indus ?

also I want to point out I was not being critical of ACS as a company, they make some excellent products and we are an official UK agent, it just on certain items they are re badging only so makes some sense to go to the source manufacturer.

thanks
roy
Yeah sure. It's for a F10 BMW 535d M Sport. It won't be here until Jan/Feb though.:)

And I take your point about ACS, I'm sure they are a good company as well. But it did occur to me that they maybe charging a premium price due to premium badging

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well I just looked at the new Eibach price list and was amazed to see the cost at £100 + vat !!

We can offer this at 90.00 + vat ...dont forget VAT goes up next year so may be worth your while buying early :)

thanks
roy

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just looked at the new Eibach price list and was amazed to see the cost at £100 + vat !!

We can offer this at 90.00 + vat ...dont forget VAT goes up next year so may be worth your while buying early :)

thanks
roy

Roy, are you sure that is the right product/price? Not that I want to pay more hiha but I was led to believe the rrp was more. The springs have just been released. The part number is E10-20-022-07-22.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I thought the same so I will call them Monday to make sure and come back to you.

Looking at the list again, they list your model twice as follows :

E10-20-022-05-20 £100 + vat
E10-20-022-07-22 £189 + vat

Normally the less expensive kits are for front kit only where cars have rera self levelling, but no such info on the list ....I will call them and get back to you Monday.

regards
roy

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Do these aftermarket springs affect EDC?
No, EDC is still 100% functional.

I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and love them.. make the car much more aggressive, better handling, and braking.

·
Registered
599 Posts
After the Eibach springs are installed is a resetting of the EDC or FTM (I've heard on the board) required? There doesn't seem to be much difference between the EDC settings whether it's no light, one light or two lights. in other words it seems like I lost EDC function completely or the difference is so subtle I can't really feel it. Please advise.
Thanks, Ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts