BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if these Eibach Swaybars will fit an e39 M5?

Dude i bought them off of said they came off a 540 with a V8. I measured them and it looks like 27mm and 18mm iirc.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Is the front sway bar not 28mm? I was pretty sure the Eibach one was 28 similar to the Dinan bar. The stock E39 M5 front bar is 27mm, so if somehow this one is actually 27mm, definitely don't bother installing it (which is a pia btw since you have to lower the front subframe).

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I remember swapping out my rear to the Eibach unit when you could get them for like $70, then sold my OEM one for $50.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the rear bar as well, great upgrade at the time when they were a fraction of the Dinan bar cost. They don't list M5 fitment, but the rear 540 fitment is what I ordered and it fits. A few years back people were ordering them online from auto zone or advanced, forgot which one, but they could be had with a coupon passed around here for under $100. Not sure what they go for now. I wouldn't bother with the front unless you're already in there for something else with the subframe dropped. The rear is an easy install and helps dial out some understeer. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Also replace the weak OEM sway bar brackets with stronger ones. I went thru about 4-5 sets before upgrading to beastpower brackets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts