BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for springs for my '07 m6 vert. As I'm really only lowering for aesthetic, I want to go with Eibach or Hartge springs. Because the convertible is heavier than the coupe, the springs are different and not interchangeable with the coupe.

Bavarian Autosport lists Eibach pro-kit (part 20-83140) for 2008 m6 convertible but tirerack does'nt list the Eibach as available (even though they sell them). Can anyone confirm that this is the correct Eibach spring for a vert?

Tirerack (usually very accurate) only lists H&R and yes they do have different H&R's listed for coupe and vert. This makes me wonder if the Eibach's are really available for the convertible.

Also, anyone know if Hartge makes vert specific springs. If so, who sells them?

Thanks again. Nigel.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hartge lists springs for e64 (vert) part 31 64 0200E (30mm lowering) and for the coupe e63 part 31 63 0200E.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I thought Eibach, Hartge and ACS were all identical.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be good to know.....especially that hartge are around $500 and I think eibach are closer to $350. Anyone definitely know?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I can't believe no one who knows better than Nigel and I has chimed in about whether these (Hartge, Eibach and ACS) are the same.
Nigel if no one responds soon PM RussRamz I know he was involved in several discussions on this topic.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I was a little disappointed by the lack of consensus (or info) on what I'd think was a fairly basic and commonly performed mod. Nigel.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Hi Nigel,

So long as ACS hasn't changed their ways, they almost always used Eibach springs and came out with the model about 6 months in advance of Eibach (maybe licensing)? I would say it is a safe bet to say the ACS is Eibach. If you want ACS, I can look into and get that to you asap, the Eibach isnt't listed yet so their isnt much you can do with it. The HR setup on these cars is not too rough, so you may want to look into that as well. Hope all is well with you and your family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts