·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Eibach make a coilover?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Not anymore. Have their setup on my car now. I believe I got it right before they discontinued it. The setup I have was originally for the 540 but works fantastic on the beast.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not anymore. Have their setup on my car now. I believe I got it right before they discontinued it. The setup I have was originally for the 540 but works fantastic on the beast.
i assume its good for street since its soft for the 540i?

hows it handling wise compared to the OEM setup

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
bugzy no PSS9 for you?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2013 F10 M5
532 Posts
Wirelessly posted (XV6700: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8))

Not too many choice, and they all cost about the.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
The H&R setup is generally garbage. The wildly progressive springs are all about slamming and looks, but the kit was stupidly designed such that the front lower perch and barrel spring intrudes on the tire and wheel if the car is lowered very far. This means the crazy spring rates that allow you to run super low with almost no jounce travel provide no benefit at all because the tire rubs the coilover assembly at that ride height. The kit also severely limits opportunities to run oversize wheels. It amazes me to see folks buy it and then resort to running big spacers to provide enough tire clearance to lower it with std OEM wheels.

Your best options are likely GC, PSS9 and KW. Each has it's own pros and cons for various applications. There is no best kit for all use.

1) GC is generally better for serious high performance street or track, plus it allows a bigger wheel/tire combo on the front for max grip & severe duty.
2) PSS9 & KW are generally better for slamming & regular street use, assuming you intend to stick with traction-limiting staggered wheel setup.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Your best options are likely GC, PSS9 and KW. Each has it's own pros and cons for various applications. There is no best kit for all use.
Ahh..:lightbulb:..Stock?:hihi:

Vic

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
The Eibach setup is stiffer than stock however it still provides a smooth ride while giving ample handling. I am also running a Dinan rear sway and I have to say the car feels exceptional.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts