BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, quick idiot question. Noticed under the hood of my M5 today this thing at the front near where the factory fit alarm is, appears to be leaking.

Any one tell me what it is, and how bad it is that its leaking? Didn't appear to have one on my 535i that looks similar at all, i'm guessing PAS fluid reservoir or brake fluid reservoir..... someone please embarass me!!!

Apologies for the lack of understanding of basics!!!

Cheers,

illz

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Steering fluid should be refield with pentosin

illjah said:
Right, quick idiot question. Noticed under the hood of my M5 today this thing at the front near where the factory fit alarm is, appears to be leaking.

Any one tell me what it is, and how bad it is that its leaking? Didn't appear to have one on my 535i that looks similar at all, i'm guessing PAS fluid reservoir or brake fluid reservoir..... someone please embarass me!!!

Apologies for the lack of understanding of basics!!!

Cheers,

illz

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that!! Guessed it was something like that.... should it be leaking where it is? Is that a sign of overfilling?

·
Registered
118 Posts
First try to clean it and check for level. I think that inside it there is a screwed metal top and than the usual cap. look for the level, clean it outside, just look someone overfilled it some time ago. I see some dust on it.

illjah said:
Thanks for that!! Guessed it was something like that.... should it be leaking where it is? Is that a sign of overfilling?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MBrasil said:
First try to clean it and check for level. I think that inside it there is a screwed metal top and than the usual cap. look for the level, clean it outside, just look someone overfilled it some time ago. I see some dust on it.
Yes it doesn't look like a recent leak. I'll check it out thanks a lot for the help!!

Cheers,

illz

·
Registered
118 Posts
No problem
illjah said:
Yes it doesn't look like a recent leak. I'll check it out thanks a lot for the help!!

Cheers,

illz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts