BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today found out that there is no power to the switch on the dash ........wonder if the EDC black box under the seat is knackered, do these units fail?? Anybody know where I can get one (BMW apart) and how much ££££ are we looking at...??

Also had by shockers checked and one of them is leaking (rear)......do I try and buy a second hand one, or if I buy new would it be better to have one shipped in from USA cost wise??

Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to ask.I hear there is a plug of some kind in the boot, can someone tell me exactly where as I cannot seem to find it....my car is RHD.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
TRACKMEISTER said:
Today found out that there is no power to the switch on the dash ........wonder if the EDC black box under the seat is knackered, do these units fail?? Anybody know where I can get one (BMW apart) and how much ££££ are we looking at...??

Also had by shockers checked and one of them is leaking (rear)......do I try and buy a second hand one, or if I buy new would it be better to have one shipped in from USA cost wise??

Matt
What does the o/b computer say? Two reasons for no power on dash switch ( assumes you have Nurnbergring - sorry if mispelled ) 1) battery very low e.g. need a new one 2) wires going to EDC under back seat are frayed. Just an initial thought.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Matt,

my rear shocks have also given up on me and i am also looking to replace them.. have you managed to find any good dealers, everywhere i seem to look they dont do M5's.. many thanks kev

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kev

Not yet..my cr is going to the maon dealers on Monday fpr a proper diagnose..i will start recearching then and will let you know.

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
678 Posts
Matt,

Please see my previous post - titled 'Warranty Work'

....The EDC System never worked properly on my 1995 UK LE since I bought it in December 2003 - The system constantly dis-engaged shortly after start-up - with 'EDC NOT ACTIVE' displayed on the Check Control and the Green Light switching off at the switch at the same time.

My car was found to have a faulty EDC Control Unit - replaced and all working fine now after consultation at the Main Dealer who checked the shocks and the 3 acceleration sensors.

Don't know how much one of these boxes potentially costs as mine was a warranty job.......

Good Luck - keep us posted - it's worth the effort - fully working EDC is generally an expensive affair over the car's lifetime - but great to have....

·
Registered
970 Posts
I've got a US$ price of $358 for the EDC CPU (part No: 37151092572) Uncoded?

FinalEditionE34M5 said:
Matt,

Please see my previous post - titled 'Warranty Work'

....The EDC System never worked properly on my 1995 UK LE since I bought it in December 2003 - The system constantly dis-engaged shortly after start-up - with 'EDC NOT ACTIVE' displayed on the Check Control and the Green Light switching off at the switch at the same time.

My car was found to have a faulty EDC Control Unit - replaced and all working fine now after consultation at the Main Dealer who checked the shocks and the 3 acceleration sensors.

Don't know how much one of these boxes potentially costs as mine was a warranty job.......

Good Luck - keep us posted - it's worth the effort - fully working EDC is generally an expensive affair over the car's lifetime - but great to have....

·
Registered
970 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well dropped my M5 off at the dealers this morning and asked for a diagnostic and quote to repair the system for the service receptionist to say "thanks".what do you mean "thanks" said I...............its too old i dont think our diagnostics will tell us whats wrong with it!!!

I await a phone call from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts