BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am being really stupid here. But I got the edc switch from BMW - and after having the front edc's changed and HR springs all round I would really like to have this edc switch put in - but I cannot find the **** connector and wires onto which the switch fits - I have been poking around under the fog lights swith. Can any one help by sending me a photo of the connector onto which the switch goes? Would appreciate it massively!

I have a LHD 93 car.

PS BMW did not have time to put it in - they did not even do the wheel/height alignments on the kds. So I need to go back in two weeks.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I mean I have a 92 car.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. No one knows.

Ok the person who's instructions are clearest and end up with me fixing the EDC switch with it fully working wins the gear knob from my old Alpina B8, its in extremely good condition - I will post it - for free.

could not find a pic of the gear knob, but its wood with the Alpina logo on top, and its lackered all round.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Mine is next to the headlight switch rather than next to the foglight switch - i.e other side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Attached to the cable running to the lightswitch with a ziptie or rubberband tying it up is your EDC cable. Once you find it stuff it back into the dashboard and pull it out through the hole now occupied by a blank-off-plate (or in case of my el-cheapo-car without SLS the headlamp-highth-adjuster) and pull it out through there. Plug in the switch, stuff the switch back into the dashboard and Voila: Nurburgring-pack....

BTW, I'll happily pay you for the knob, it'll be the 1st installment on the B8 I can't yet afford........

Jahangeer said:
Great. No one knows.

Ok the person who's instructions are clearest and end up with me fixing the EDC switch with it fully working wins the gear knob from my old Alpina B8, its in extremely good condition - I will post it - for free.

could not find a pic of the gear knob, but its wood with the Alpina logo on top, and its lackered all round.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stevie said:
Attached to the cable running to the lightswitch with a ziptie or rubberband tying it up is your EDC cable. Once you find it stuff it back into the dashboard and pull it out through the hole now occupied by a blank-off-plate (or in case of my el-cheapo-car without SLS the headlamp-highth-adjuster) and pull it out through there. Plug in the switch, stuff the switch back into the dashboard and Voila: Nurburgring-pack....

BTW, I'll happily pay you for the knob, it'll be the 1st installment on the B8 I can't yet afford........
--------------

thanks Stevie

I will try tonight - and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stevie said:

------------

by the way I still cry when I think of wrecking that car. but as I said - I would swap it for useful information, and I will. where are you in the Netherlands? Amsterdam? I go there once or twice a year on business.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Next time you're in Amsterdam let me know, about 80% of my clients have their offices in Amsterdam, so I'm around here more often than I like.... In fact, I'm :typing: in the waiting-room of Allen & Overy's Amsterdam office right now!!

And BTW, if that gearknob is a good reminder of your old car you should keep it on your desk/mantlepiece/etc. I've got little bits of every car I've ever owned too! Info is free, that's what the board is for!

Jahangeer said:
------------

by the way I still cry when I think of wrecking that car. but as I said - I would swap it for useful information, and I will. where are you in the Netherlands? Amsterdam? I go there once or twice a year on business.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stevie said:
Next time you're in Amsterdam let me know, about 80% of my clients have their offices in Amsterdam, so I'm around here more often than I like.... In fact, I'm :typing: in the waiting-room of Allen & Overy's Amsterdam office right now!!

And BTW, if that gearknob is a good reminder of your old car you should keep it on your desk/mantlepiece/etc. I've got little bits of every car I've ever owned too! Info is free, that's what the board is for!
---------------------
Stevie

Yes it is a reminder, but like most things of the past - I need to move on.
Still have not had a chance to try out my luck with the wiring, will aim for tonight as I need it for the weekend. Will keep you posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts