BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the level of my EDC/Power Steering fluid has dropped slightly, causing me a little concern.

Can't really see any traces of leakage, though the reservoir did appear a little wet around the surface, so I may trat myself to a new gasket just to be on the safe side.

I've read many, many posts here about the type of fluid required, but does anyone know of a part number, as I don't really fancy having to try and explain to the parts guy, exactly what I'm looking for.

Much appreciated...

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
Plisken
Fluid is CHF 11S OR CHF 111 S

If fluid loss is more than half the reservoir then check the lines to the pas pump & pump itself. Then move onto the dampers and look for seepage from the tops of the dampers. Look for physical spatters & runs above & on the spring pan of the damper.
If all looks good then I suggest jacking up the rear of the car & looking at the condition of the hydraulic pipes to the self levelling accumilator / actuator unit. The seals within this unit rot as do the pipes and deposit the fluid over the exhaust system.

If leaking, then replace before complete failure as the whole system will evacuate through the self levelling actuator.

Regards
Farrell

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got some fluid and topped up today, took about 20ml or so...

I've had my shockers done, all within the past 8 months or so, so with any luck that wont be the cause.

I'm going to book the car in for something else, so I'll have them check this out at the same time, just to be safe...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts