BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've decided to finally get my M5 tuned :grinyes:
the only problem is that I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. So which tune would be the best in terms of distance vs quality, like do the tuners drive out? or how long does the tuning take if I were to live in a hotel! Any info would be MUCH appreciated :biggrinbounce:
Also while I'm on the subject of car improvements, anyone have a spare Eisenmann Exhaust lying around for me to buy :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Dear Faizan

I would srtongly suggest the Evolve Automotice ECU Tune.

Below is their thread in sponsor's offerings. Just give them a call and they shall explain everything to you.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m6-e63-group-buy-sponsor-discussion-offerings/168436-evolve-v10-ecu-upgrade.html

I have this tune on my M6 and gained 33WHP instantly proven and tested on my own Dyno. This gain was an average of 4 runs on the dyno. So I assure you that the results are consistent and real.

Here is my dyno graph for your reference.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I suggest you buy a DIMSPORT MyGenius that is a device that allows you to download/upload and it store up to 10 files including the original/stock file. You can email the original file to your tuner you choose if they are able to tune it. Sending the ECU is a pain and costly.

http://web.dimsport.com/mygenius/mygeniusindex.php

Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
114 Posts
This dyno chart is indeed very wierd.

look at the dyno chart's dyno time.
5.57pm and 6.13pm , run 1 and run 7.

the wierd thing is, the car has done 7 runs and loading the map all together ?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts

I don't know whats wierd about that.

We did many runs and choose the runs that are most representative of the results we had to check consistency.

We took the first run for the stock map because that was the highest result we got for the stock map. The ECU starts to ****** the AFR as the temprature readings start to increase so generally you get the best resylts on the first run.

For the tunes results we took one of the last runs to show a rather conservatice gain. The first run that we did with the tines map showed a gain of 36 HP on the Dyno.

In addition, you can choose to compare any run with another on the dyno graph.

I hope I have been bale to answer your questions.

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts

Hi,

16 mins is a long time for just testing a before and after tune.

The dyno runs take around 10 seconds each and flashing the ECU takes around 1.5 mins.

1-2 extra runs are required to allow the ECU to adapt and then that's it.

This tune does not require hundreds of miles to adapt. It works straight away and I can comfortably say it's one of the best tunes you can buy for the V10 if you want a real power gain combined with impoved drivability.

Our tune is giving pretty much the same gains on both dyno dynamics and dynojet under two completely different climatic conditions.

This is using 93 Oct (USA) fuel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
o i c , thanks for clearing it up :)

cheers.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

davidykhor said:
evolve, can you send me an e-mail [email protected] , have some questions.
You can contact them on the following e mail address

[email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
for your car repair question; It should be 4-door, 4-cylinder, not sporty. First time drivers usually have much more expensive car insurance, and it depends from car. You should compare insurance rates while choosing the car. if your looking to drift then you need a rear wheel drive and keep in mind that for drifting you need a RWD car

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a question:

If so much power can be gained by simply re-flashing the ECU, why do you think BMW didn't tune the car this way from the factory if they were trying to get the most out of it?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I have a question:

If so much power can be gained by simply re-flashing the ECU, why do you think BMW didn't tune the car this way from the factory if they were trying to get the most out of it?
For the same reason why your bank doesn't give you high interest on your deposits!

·
Registered
267 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts