BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this topic has been touched upon before several times. I think more and more people have tried several companies. What are the pros/cons of each of the ones available and feedback from those who have tested more than one possibility. I know the most popular ones available are:

- Active Autowerke
- Dinan
- ESS
- Powerchip/Evosport
- RD Sport
- RPI

If I am forgetting anyone, please chime in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have nothing useful to add, as my ESS tuned ECU will not be here until tomorrow and I will not be able to put it back in and drive it until Friday.

But I can so without any hesitation when it comes to customer service and commitment to said customer ESS has been PHENOMENAL. Mike @ ESS has been awesome even through the couple of serious personal problems he has been dealing with the last two weeks.

That in itself is of huge value and, to me, is as important or even more important that the specific differences in ECU tuning.

-David

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have nothing useful to add, as my ESS tuned ECU will not be here until tomorrow and I will not be able to put it back in and drive it until Friday.

But I can so without any hesitation when it comes to customer service and commitment to said customer ESS has been PHENOMENAL. Mike @ ESS has been awesome even through the couple of serious personal problems he has been dealing with the last two weeks.

That in itself is of huge value and, to me, is as important or even more important that the specific differences in ECU tuning.

-David

+1 PHENOMENAL ! Thanks Mike @ ESS

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would love to see a proper legitmate dyno result of an E60 M5 actually making more power.

So far.....I've seen nothing but dodgy graphs with no recorded variables.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would love to see a proper legitmate dyno result of an E60 M5 actually making more power.

So far.....I've seen nothing but dodgy graphs with no recorded variables.
We have a graph posted on our website. It shows the minimal gain you will receive with our software without doing anything else to the car (with the Charcoal filters still in the car).

But the best thing about our software is the huge drivability/smoothness and torque due to a genius torque management system ESS developed and incorporated into their software. Our software is by far the most comprehensive tune available for the E60 M5.

InfamousM5 and mrpropaganda, thank you for your comments :blink:, and I'm excited to hear your results after you install the DME.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts