BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ECS tuning has put together a clutch install kit BMW E39 M5 S62 5.0L Drivetrain Clutch - 21511223328KT - Clutch Installation Kit - ES#2695728

I am in the process of getting stuff together to do my clutch and was wondering if this stuff is necessary when replacing the clutch. If you click on 'Kit Contents' in the lower right you will see what it comes with. I know the transmission mounts and guibo are not necessary but are a good idea to replace but what about all the misc. bolts and such?

Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
All of it is not necessary. With that said, if money isnt an issue, you can go ahead and replace all those things.

This is all I did when I had my clutch and flywheel done

Clutch Fork Pivot Pin 1
Spring Clip - Priced Each 1
Transmission Mount - Priced Each 2

My flex disk and center support was in excellent shape at 80k.

I think having the rear main seal is a good idea, although mine was not leaking so I didnt replace it.

Exhausts bolts/gaskets not a bad idea. I reused original and have no problems/leaks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you completely. What about all those miscellaneous bolts, did you replace any of them or just reuse your old?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Reused all the original bolt and nuts. Depending on the condition of your exhaust bolts, thats one thing I would consider. Its always better to have the parts handy just in case, but all those little things add up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts