BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attention fellow cold, wet, overcast Northwesterners! Are you ready for a drive??

Tony (aka EuroCarFan) has posted info for his latest EuroCarFest in the USA West regional forum (see link below). It's an all day party starting Saturday morning March 21st with driving, feasting, camaraderie, and an overnight stay in San Luis Obispo. The event is primarily attended by CA residents, most of whom are M5 owners from this board, but we've managed to send a few NW folks to the last two ECFests. The event is technically open to anyone with a euro car. This is a great group of folks!

The event becomes a multi-day car fest extravaganza for anyone coming from OR/WA:
- NW folks are invited to drive down Thursday evening, March 19th, and stay the night in Medford/Ashland, OR (half way between Seattle & San Francisco).
- We depart Medford together Friday morning and caravan down to the bay area to meet the NorCal folks for dinner Friday night with an overnight stay in SF/San Jose that night (someplace near the morning meet up location).
- Saturday morning we caravan with the rest of the NorCal crew to San Luis Obispo for the festivities with overnight stay in SLO.
- Sunday morning we caravan back up north with the NorCal contingent toward SF, but we'll continue on back to Medford or all the way home (depending on preference and place of residence).

As usual, I can offer two clean, well appointed spare rooms in my home in Medford Thursday & Sunday night for any overnight guests who wish to save a few bucks on lodging expenses (1 Queen room, 1 room with 2 twin beds). My wife and I are both mature 40+ yr old responsible parents of two well mannered 5/7 yr old boys. We're a nonsmoking, no pets household. I've been known to fire up the BBQ for anyone arriving in time for dinner Thurs/Sun night. I can also recommend multiple hotels in the area for those who desire their own overnight space.

This thread is dedicated to any NW folks wishing to caravan down to the event together. Post up on this thread if you're interested and don't forget to register on Tony's thread as well.

Official event details can be found on Tony's ECFest link:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-west-forum/430458-ec-fest-san-luis-obispo-sat-mar-21st.html

See you there!!
:M5thumbs: :wroom: :noSMG:

-Nathan

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Thanks for posting this up Nathan.

If anyone needs a room in the San Jose area, Fri night before the Sat morning caravan, let me know and I can make arrangements. My next door neighbor is Dir of Sales at the Beverly Heritage Hotel maybe a dozen miles from our caravan starting point and he can probably get us some good rates.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, thanks for the hook up! I'll definitely take you up on that offer.

Are we meeting at that shopping center off Bernal again?

We can talk Fri night dinner once we get a better idea who's coming from up north... maybe just me!! :)

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the hook up! I'll definitely take you up on that offer.

Are we meeting at that shopping center off Bernal again?

We can talk Fri night dinner once we get a better idea who's coming from up north... maybe just me!! :)
I should schedule backup babysitters this time so I can make the Fri dinner. :)

Oh and yes, same caravan starting point off Bernal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like a blast, but I'll unfortunately be buried in work during that time. Have fun, hopefully you can get a couple from up here anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts