BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the market for an M5 and happened to notice this one on EBAY...does anyone have any info. on it? i have been trying to stay away from the 2000's but this one seems special---also, what do you guys think would be a reasonable offer in case I wanted it?

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
hard to tell from the pic,but i don't see the plenum space installed. According to my dinan rep, they only produced a few of them because they really didn't make much difference in power. I also wonder why he has the Active autowerks cold air intake grill with the dinan cai.

You should call dinan with the vin to verify the mods.
Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response so far everyone. It seems this vehicle has somewhat of a long maintenance history (at least by my standards)......on the ebay listing it says the warrant is for 100,000 miles or until 2007....however on the vehicle history it says otherwise (something about any defects caused by the dinan add-on's not being covered)------should I stay away from this M5? I happened to notice this car listen on cars.com for 50,000 because we both live in the same area.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It is up to you but the Dinan stuff is worth having. So I would buy it. Look at the extra umph you get vs. doing it yourself after you get the car. Besides, Dinan should have its own warranty of sorts.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Warrant was up in June of 2004- the dinan warranty steps in when the BMW warranty won't cover a failure caused by Dinan. In this case there is no BMW warranty, so the Dinan warranty might JUST be for specific Dinan parts and is 2 years from install. If a Dinan part causes a failure of a non-dinan part there is no warranty- only if the dinan part actually fails.

http://www.dinancars.com/Warranty.asp

Of course, good luck finding an extended warranty for a modded car- most will not cover it, or if they say they will good luck getting the claim paid...
A

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.