BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm High Bidder for 2 days...lol I have read some previous feedback and another person who bought the same thing praised him.

There Seems to be more info than on paper manual which sells for $120

>> - Ebay offering - <<

p.s. if you bid, bid on one of the sellers other auctions for the same disk... lol

:cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
He probably got a hold of the original discs and burned them (computer talk for duplicated them). I don't think you have anything to worry about. But if you do want the original discs, just for the sake of aesthetics, then you should PM him before you carry on with the transaction. Other than that, the burned copy should work exactly the same.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought the CD's about 2 months ago - they work very well and are extremely useful. It can be difficult to get what you want out of them due to the ancient interface but it's all there :) I think I paid about $10 also ...

Let's be honest - we know they're pirate copies ... mine's from 2001 but that's okay since it's a '99 model. You might want to check if you have a more recent M5.

It's great to go to a BMW dealer for parts since you can print the exploded view and have the part details and number highlighted (including the VIN etc.). Makes things much quicker (for both parties).

I must admit I do like paper but Haynes have not done anything that would help me on my M5 (I had the same with my Porsche and bought the workshops manuals on CD for that also) and the other offerings don't cover the S62 or other M5 specifics....

Regards,

Gary.

Ocean's M5 said:
Well, I'm High Bidder for 2 days...lol I have read some previous feedback and another person who bought the same thing praised him.

There Seems to be more info than on paper manual which sells for $120

>> - Ebay offering - <<

p.s. if you bid, bid on one of the sellers other auctions for the same disk... lol

:cool:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I bought a similarly priced copy of TIS and ETK a couple years ago. It worked fine...except for the viruses that came with it. Probably hit or miss, but that's what I got.

·
Registered
445 Posts
the CD copies are much better and also much easier to search.

Ag02M5 said:
So how are the manuals?

I am looking to buy them as well.

R

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sam:
We all would appreciate your comments concerning the disk you bought on eBay.
I bought the disks from another source on eBay sometime ago for $10 and they wouldn't load. The seller was totally non responsive to my inquiry so I put the stink on the guy through eBay's feedback page to make me feel a little better.
I tossed the disks and haven't thought about it until I read your post.
Regards,

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I too bought one for ~$10. I'm not sure it was the 'latest' version or not but it works and is very useful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts