BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whats involved.

Also, if your car has the Ipod controller and you want to trade for my CD changer...let me know!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
The short answer is, it's a piece of cake to do it yourself. Get the optional plastic cover that goes over the opening where the CD player used to be, drill a hole in that cover big enough to fit the rubber grommet that comes in the kit, and then nevermind about removing the glove compartment and drilling into that. There's no value at all in going through all that effort. Good luck!

Brian

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
The short answer is, it's a piece of cake to do it yourself. Get the optional plastic cover that goes over the opening where the CD player used to be, drill a hole in that cover big enough to fit the rubber grommet that comes in the kit, and then nevermind about removing the glove compartment and drilling into that. There's no value at all in going through all that effort. Good luck!

Brian
I wouldn't even waste the $$ on the cover. Don't need it. Hardest part was getting the adhesive pads where I wanted them to keep the interface from moving in the slot. It's a bit awkward doing this without removing the glove compartment, but still very easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts