BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno if I hit a button, or messed something up whilst playing with the iDrive, but my steering wheel not longer goes up upon turing the car off (and so, does not come back down when I get in). Also, the seat sides no longer hug me when I get press "Go".

Did a search, and thumbed through the fat owners "manual", but came up dry.

Anyone shed any light?

·
Registered
641 Posts
For the convenience tilt of the stearing wheel, press and hold the appropriate memory button on the side of the seat until it fully adjusts. It should work then. For some reason this feature only works when it's EXACTLY in one of the memory positions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the convenience tilt of the stearing wheel, press and hold the appropriate memory button on the side of the seat until it fully adjusts. It should work then. For some reason this feature only works when it's EXACTLY in one of the memory positions.
Hmm, interesting. I thought I'd tried this already, but did it once more. No luck. So, I reprogrammed setting 1, including the seat side-supports. Now, when I start the car, still no movement, BUT when I press the 1 button, the seat-sides close in around me. When I turn the car off, the seat sides open back up, but the steering wheel still stays put.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts