BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my late '92 K reg 3.8 in Avus Blue. It's done 123K miles, with FSH and in the last 2.5 years I've spent around 5K GBP including a full suspension rebuild / upgrade including an AC Schnitzer kit 10K miles ago. Needless to say the kit works very well on the car and (in my view) beats EDC shockers hands down. It also has the optional wider (9") rear rims and wears Toyo T1 Proxes all round. 'Throwing Star' wheel covers has been removed and refurbed ready for the new owner.

The car is fully loaded with the usual toys including cruise, CD and (working) air-con, and has a Toad CAT 1 alarm. It has 10 months MOT and 6 months tax.

Dyno'd at 344bhp in January of this year.

Realistically priced at 6750GBP ono. Please contact me via this list, or ring 01287 633132 (eve) or 07973 814660. Car is located in NE England. Pics can be sent if required.

Thanks

Kurt

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Kurt,
send me some pics will you m8, just sold my 540 and on the look out for something new (just need to convince the mrs!!)

·
Registered
339 Posts
i knew it wouldn't be long mate... hiha

mind you it'll save you putting the B10 through the daily slog (especially coming into winter...)

·
Registered
339 Posts
it does and more practical too for wheels etc... (it would prob be my bet..)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your interest in the car. I guess you know it's the same one you saw at my place a couple of years ago. I'll send you some pics with pleasure - can you let me know your email address?

Cheers

Kurt
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Kurt Ramsden said:
I'm selling my late '92 K reg 3.8 in Avus Blue. It's done 123K miles, with FSH and in the last 2.5 years I've spent around 5K GBP including a full suspension rebuild / upgrade including an AC Schnitzer kit 10K miles ago. Needless to say the kit works very well on the car and (in my view) beats EDC shockers hands down. It also has the optional wider (9") rear rims and wears Toyo T1 Proxes all round. 'Throwing Star' wheel covers has been removed and refurbed ready for the new owner.

The car is fully loaded with the usual toys including cruise, CD and (working) air-con, and has a Toad CAT 1 alarm. It has 10 months MOT and 6 months tax.

Dyno'd at 344bhp in January of this year.

Realistically priced at 6750GBP ono. Please contact me via this list, or ring 01287 633132 (eve) or 07973 814660. Car is located in NE England. Pics can be sent if required.

Thanks

Kurt
Was that in January :confused2 :confused2

seems too long ago

Hope you get a sale kurt and if you are interested in mine let me know :wroom:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Steve. It was January - doesn't time fly!

I'd love your car Steve, but the reason for my sale is the lure of competition. Having recently reflected on my fleet and plans I'm now aiming to use my V8 kit-car next year for some sprints and hill-climbs. This will take cash and necessitate the need for a tow-car. Sale of the beast will allow me give it a go.

Good luck with the sale of yours, if and when you decide to go for it.

Cheers

Kurt

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for your interest - a few pics on their way. I can take more if required. Please let me know if they don't come through OK

Thanks

Kurt

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A quick word on P/X cars. If anyone has a car that's capable of towing and will also accommodate a family (such as a lesser 5 series) then I'd be interested. I need to release around 3K cash.

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still for sale.

Perfect Christmas transport for Santa - rather quick and plenty of room for presents!

And open to offers if Mr Claus doesn't need it....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Withdrawn from sale. I'll find some other way of raising funds that doesn't involve such a huge sacrifice. Male prostitution perhaps....

Kurt

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
WTF you never sold her :confused:

Gonna go for selling mine next month but a bit worried now :sad3:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I'm honest Steve I didn't try very hard initially. I then decided to make the car easier to sell by tidying a few things up - and in doing so reminded myself of how good it really is! And to cap it all I've been watching cars on ebay etc and they're struggling to make reasonable money. My goal was to release a few quid for competition, but selling it for peanuts doesn't achieve that either.

My guess is that the market will pick up in the spring. Demand for later cars seems stronger, so I wouldn't worry too much. In different circumstances I'd be keen to trade up to a car like yours and I'm sure there are other early M5 owners in the same boat.

You were thinking of an e39 M5 weren't you - have you driven one yet?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hi Kurt

A friend has an 02 one with Dinan Exhaust, Air induction system and remapped ECU all done and the car is under warranty still. IT IS A MONSTER!!

He plans to sell in 06 but i wont wait that long.

not sure what to put mine up for with all the work done,was tempted with a 2001 740i Sport individual this week but that was purely down to my love of my M5 (would keep her as wekk as the 740 as a direct replacement for the 97 one i have at the mo)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts