BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I apologize right off the bat if it's bad form to be posting this message here. A friend of mine is the original owner of 2000 M5 in navy with camel extended leather. He's got about 35k miles on the clock and rear spoiler delete. He's toyed with the idea of selling it for years, but it just never worked out.

He's kind of one of those collectors. He's about 70 years old and has two or three Porsche's he races, a Ford GT, Audi R8, new M6, new Bently GT and he was driving his wife's 993 Turbo to lunch when I saw him. All I know about the M5 for certain is that it's always garaged and babied. I'm sure everything, except for tires is original.

I do not know what the current market is bringing for these cars. I think he's going to want a lot for it, though. He was throwing around numbers close to $20k. He knows I found my M5 on this board about 5 years ago, so I told him I would reach out. If you're interested, feel free to PM or DM or e-mail me or whatever it is called and i will forward your info to him.

Again, sorry if I should not have posted here.

Kevin G

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I apologize right off the bat if it's bad form to be posting this message here. A friend of mine is the original owner of 2000 M5 in navy with camel extended leather. He's got about 35k miles on the clock and rear spoiler delete. He's toyed with the idea of selling it for years, but it just never worked out.

He's kind of one of those collectors. He's about 70 years old and has two or three Porsche's he races, a Ford GT, Audi R8, new M6, new Bently GT and he was driving his wife's 993 Turbo to lunch when I saw him. All I know about the M5 for certain is that it's always garaged and babied. I'm sure everything, except for tires is original.

I do not know what the current market is bringing for these cars. I think he's going to want a lot for it, though. He was throwing around numbers close to $20k. He knows I found my M5 on this board about 5 years ago, so I told him I would reach out. If you're interested, feel free to PM or DM or e-mail me or whatever it is called and i will forward your info to him.

Again, sorry if I should not have posted here.

Kevin G
I would post in the FS section. Youll get better response and it should have pics when posted otherwise thats all the replies your going to get is for pics anyway first off.

My .02

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
A 2000 with 35K miles and "clean" PPI is worth close to $25,000. I am sure some perspective buyer will not like my post but I am looking out for a collector who has babied a clean example. Those low mile cars are getting extremely rare to find.

I am sure "The well known online M5 seller" on autotrader etc would sell that car for $29,999 advertised.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also interested my email is [email protected] my phone number is 315- four five six-8514. Im ready to buy the right car, but too low of a post count to private message, if you can have your friend contact me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-Eamon

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I think it depends on how fast your friend wants to sell the car. Good luck finding a one-owner M5 with that mileage any more...If he markets the one-owner, full records, full and appropriate maintenance, adult-owned and driven, not abused, etc. aspects of the car, I think he could get close to the well known internet seller's price of $30K, if he waits for the right buyer. When there are no easy comparisons, the seller can at times set the market (again, assuming the seller doesn't need to sell and is not in a hurry). If he is in a hurry, price it at $25K and it should be gone soon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the first thing I have to do is what you're all telling me to do and that's to get pics. I'll then forward everyone's contact information and see how this fellow wants to contact you directly or just have me handle it.

I find KevinM's take on the car most interesting......and frankly, I hadn't thought of the fact that a 1-owner low-mileage is that rare. I'm sure he's right, though. I'll be if my friend just sits on the car for another five years or so, we'll probably start seeing some appreciation. I just didn't think the early '00 were really sought after, but a low-mileage and loved M5 is rare enough.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Don't get me wrong, for most people MY 2001+ will be preferable for a variety of reasons; if this car was as such a high selling price would be a given. However, two aspects of this car stand out. For the collector, it is the desirable due to MY 2000 only features such as the black dials, headlights, etc. For the enthusiast, the one-owner history is the main sell as this group will want the MY 2001+ updates and be more worried about potential CBU on the early models (yes, can happen to all MYs!).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update - the car will be detailed this week and then I'll post pics. Didn't want anyone to think I was blowing them off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts