BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? The two ducts in the lip can be aimed either towards the oil cooler **** in the bottom or potential brake ducts if the bottom of the front allows for it. You all know I get bored fairly quick so this might come along with the rear diffuser.
I'd love to get your input, and yes its a poor photochop, just so you can get an idea.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I actually think it looks really clean without the holes. And with a large carbon piece under the lip as an extension similar to the one on your vehicle from radenergie.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input, I'll make a rendering from the side as well since this lip will actually stick out 2 inches or so from the bottom, so another splitter underneath may not be necessary.

I actually think it looks really clean without the holes. And with a large carbon piece under the lip as an extension similar to the one on your vehicle from radenergie.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Will the holes not weaken the lip at those points, I have hit mine many a times so that last thing I want is to make it weaker.

·
Registered
294 Posts
True the second splitter wouldn't be necessary, however you could leave it as an option. The front would be more aggressive in the event that one wants to match the rear diffuser you have going on to achieve a balanced look.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm probably going to do 2 things with this lip
1) it'll be made using vacuum formed carbon, which means the whole piece is rigid
2) if it's not being made using vacuum formed carbon the intakes will be re-enforced.

It would take a lot of force in order for the holes to cause the lip to be weak, there's a higher chance the lip will rip off at 230+ due to aero/mounting than the holes having to do anything with it

Will the holes not weaken the lip at those points, I have hit mine many a times so that last thing I want is to make it weaker.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is true, you make a great point for someone who wants even more of a motorsport look

True the second splitter wouldn't be necessary, however you could leave it as an option. The front would be more aggressive in the event that one wants to match the rear diffuser you have going on to achieve a balanced look.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm really liking your designs and your renderings are surfacing in great timing as I just bought my M5 2 weeks ago and looking for parts right now. I might just wait until you have the front and back pieces out and "EA" my car hahaha... Anyways Keep up with the good work. Heres another idea what you can offer as an option with this front lip and the "Motorsport" lip, Intake ducts. Like Wald's:

http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wald-e60-m5-1.jpg

So just the surroundings around the ducts with or without the rivets.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the support :)
It was my dream as a boy to design cars, now I'm enjoying just building on the aesthetic of the car with parts.

I'm well familiar with the wald, many are running this add on. I was debating doing my own full apron but for fear of people calling me a copycat I'm not, this lip I've rendered is essentially the same thing as the Challenge lip for the M3s anyways, just no one has made it for the E60. I'll search my mind for more ideas.

I'm really liking your designs and your renderings are surfacing in great timing as I just bought my M5 2 weeks ago and looking for parts right now. I might just wait until you have the front and back pieces out and "EA" my car hahaha... Anyways Keep up with the good work. Heres another idea what you can offer as an option with this front lip and the "Motorsport" lip, Intake ducts. Like Wald's:

http://www.motorworldhype.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wald-e60-m5-1.jpg

So just the surroundings around the ducts with or without the rivets.

·
Registered
72 Posts
nah, not feeling it. The lip needs to have more curves that align with the lines of the car. Those holes seem out of place. Maybe you can make a WALD mold, man i would buy that in a heart beat!!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
looks sick!! get at em

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Your rendition looks a lot like the hybrid Hartge/Hamann splitter below sold by JL Motoring, sans the holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I like it, but that Wald front is what I'd buy.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Is this the WALD everyone is speaking of?

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.