BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the time has almost come for production on the pieces. The mold for the hood is being created as of now, the rear bumper is produced but some touch ups are being made.

Here's the breakdown for price:

Hood: $950
Bumper: $695

Painted Hood: +$450
Painted Bumper: +$450

Shipping will be individual as I am not a company and don't have connections with UPS, Fedex, etc.

I will now be accepting 50% deposit if you would like these items, first come first serve basis of course.

Pictures of the Rear Bumper:

As you can see you will need your body shop to take the oem braces and PDC tubes from your stock bumper. I opted for this route so it's more of an OEM fit. Regarding the PDC tubes, your body shop can separate them from your bumper and use a high strength glue or fiberglass to ensure placement.
Mesh for the vents and rivets for OEM brackets will be provided with the purchase of the bumper. The bumper is made of fiberglass.

Pictures of the Hood:

The hood is still being made at this point but I've taken all the step with the mold maker to ensure OEM fitment. Carbon inserts for the vents will be included. The hood will be made out of fiberglass.

Please feel free to ask any questions or comment, and you can reach me at johnmorganevansATgmail.com

The list so far:

Hood:
1. Jchris
2. Kendall993
3. IndyRedBeast
4. ACG
5. pnguyen
6. evilb
7. e39_415
8. Wootz_steel
9. Sharpie12
10. AngelSayer
11. EuroCarFan
12. LeeC3
13. tturbo123
14. Tiam
15. Richie82
16. Rickadelic
17. Fastdad
18. thefirm13
19. hayabusa4448

Bumper:
1. Kendall993
2. AngelSlayer
3. lookgudcruzin
4. PurevilM5
5. EuroCarFan
6. LeeC3
7. ACG
8. proedge
9. Fastdad
10. C's Bimmer

Moderators if you feel you need to delete this I can understand, it was just requested by members a separate thread would be made for this.

·
Registered
740 Posts
John,

You're killin em with the hood and bumpers! When is the ETA for the hood?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
John,

LOL I see the mod bug got to you also :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Much appreciated :)

There was hiccup a couple weeks ago so I think the mold will be done in 3 weeks, first hood will be made last week of October or first 2 weeks of November.

John,

·
Registered
740 Posts
LOL I see the mod bug got to you also :M5thumbs:
LOL...being on this forum didn't help!

Much appreciated :)

There was hiccup a couple weeks ago so I think the mold will be done in 3 weeks, first hood will be made last week of October or first 2 weeks of November.
John hit me up when everything is finalized. I'll be in socal in November, hopefully I'll get to check out the finalized hood in person. I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Can't decide if I should get the hood or bumper.

·
Registered
695 Posts
One minute I want to pull the trigger the other I'm thinking I shouldn't, anyhow I do love this hood!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
John, do you know how much the braces/tubes/etc cost from? Trying to decide whether I would want to take them off my existing bumper or just buy the parts from somewhere. I'm planning to sell my current bumper which is why I am asking.

Also gotta figure out what I'm going to do with my stock hood if I buy the new one. LOL I was thinking of a road trip down to LA to put it on, etc... but not going to work as I have no way of bringing back up the old stuff.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
I will prob keep all my stock items as you never know when you want to sell and go back to stock.
I am still planning in coming down to pick my items up John M.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Tony your name is down for both...getting cold feet again like the steering wheel :7:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Tony your name is down for both...getting cold feet again like the steering wheel :7:
LOL. And Tony has it easier too... the hood and rear bumper won't be THAT aggressive on a black car. On my white, the vents on both the hood and rear bumper are going to stick out a lot. The car will be much more aggressive. It might force me to finally have my wheel centers refinished to a darker gunmetal to finish the aggressive look.

John, how do you think the finish will hold up during shipping? Haven't decided whether I want mine painted pre-ship or not.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Both ;)

Depends on how you want your car styled, if you want a more aggressive look without looking gaudy I would say get it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea :)

One minute I want to pull the trigger the other I'm thinking I shouldn't, anyhow I do love this hood!
That was one thing I was researching. I found out for the E60 PDC you can't buy the tubes separately, they come as part of the bumper. As for the other brackets I'll see if there's a part number for it. I could always hold onto your hood for you or Paul might be able to take it up?

John, do you know how much the braces/tubes/etc cost from? Trying to decide whether I would want to take them off my existing bumper or just buy the parts from somewhere. I'm planning to sell my current bumper which is why I am asking.

Also gotta figure out what I'm going to do with my stock hood if I buy the new one. LOL I was thinking of a road trip down to LA to put it on, etc... but not going to work as I have no way of bringing back up the old stuff.
If we coordinate a time where you can drop your car off there will be no extra charge to transfer the OEM brackets and tubes to the bumper, assuming you're getting it painted.

hey JME...is there extra charge from ur shop if they were to do my brackets, PDC, etc alteration?
Yes this is true, it won't pop too much. Gunmetal centers sounds good :D
I believe the finish will hold up in shipping, the boxes will be larger to accommodate for larger cushions.

LOL. And Tony has it easier too... the hood and rear bumper won't be THAT aggressive on a black car. On my white, the vents on both the hood and rear bumper are going to stick out a lot. The car will be much more aggressive. It might force me to finally have my wheel centers refinished to a darker gunmetal to finish the aggressive look.

John, how do you think the finish will hold up during shipping? Haven't decided whether I want mine painted pre-ship or not.
You do have to pay for quality :) but it's not like Hamann believe me... haha

It is probably not cheap right since it's Radenergie. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Slightly off topic John but what about those CF side extensions? Forgot if you were still planning on making those or not and how much.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts