BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to finalize order today and need input on M-Drive. I do not want Navigation or the Technology Package but want to be able to set DCS. Can someone confirm to me that this is one of the manual buttons in the center console along with EDC. Does M-Drive simply store your desired settings for you?..............thanks, Joe

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manual for the M3 that I downloaded yesterday and all marketing material seem to indicate that M Drive which saves your settings is an option only available with the Technology Package. My understanding is that the DCS button that comes standard on the console only allows "on" or "off" but that with M Drive there is an alternate setting for "partially" on which might be good for track use. Can anybody clarify?

·
Registered
462 Posts
The M-Drive option will give you three settings for you're DSC: on, off and M Dynamic. The M-Drive is located in the steering wheel, not in the center console. It stores you're Power, DSC and EDC settings. It can only be ordered with the navigation system. Without it you only can set you're DSC on or off. the three buttons in the center console are: Power, DSC and EDC.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...........this was my understanding as well. I do not want the Technology package or navigation but I would like the M Dynamic mode for DSC.......is there no way to get this setting with the I Drive?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant to say..........."without I Drive"

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
not as of yet and its most likely because of the issue they had with the m5 and m6 sticks that people wanted dsc off but hopeully in the near future there will be a software update to be able to enable mdm

·
Registered
462 Posts
No, you can't have the M-Drive without the I-Drive. And to have the I-Drive you need the navigation system. I was like you, i wanted the M-Drive but didn't want the navigation system. So i ended up ordering the car with out it :sad2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts