BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Auto motor und sport thinks it will look like this:

hoping that BMW will make M3 more agressive than M5..
M3 is scheduled for 2007, but who cares since Z4M might be coming this summer!!! :eek: (with full M3 V8 annd 7speed SMG) Can't wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Not to be a dark cloud, but I think BMW M needs to move forward with separate looks for the M5 and the M3 lower valances. I definitely think the photoshop pics make the E90 look awesome, but I hope they give the M3 a little more of a unique character when compared to the M5. Maybe this comes from the fact that I get a few people who think I drive an M3 and I have to set them straight.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Leon82 said:
What do you think guys? You think it might look like this???mmmmmm
I like it..... If they decide not to offer the M5 with a manual, then I would get an M3..... Now if they offered a hard-top M3 convertable........then I am in...:hihihi:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was under the impression that the 3 series would stay a 4 dour and the new 4 series would take over the 2-door coupe role that part of the existing 3 series now occupies in much the same way the 6 series became (more or less) the 2-door coupe "version" of the 5.

If this is the case then the 4 door above is the M3 and the 2 door would be the M4. No?

Celsius :typing:

·
Registered
75 Posts
celsius said:
I was under the impression that the 3 series would stay a 4 dour and the new 4 series would take over the 2-door coupe role that part of the existing 3 series now occupies in much the same way the 6 series became (more or less) the 2-door coupe "version" of the 5.

If this is the case then the 4 door above is the M3 and the 2 door would be the M4. No?

Celsius :typing:
I've been reading that they're not going to make the 3 series coupe into the 4 series because there is too much equity in the 3 series name. I'm not completely sure on this, but it does seem to make sense.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Not too shabby...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Leon82 said:
What do you think guys? You think it might look like this???mmmmmm
The front and side are awesome , but the rear lights still make the rear look ugly even with the M touch , something is wrong with the shape of those lights.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
imsaid said:
The front and side are awesome , but the rear lights still make the rear look ugly even with the M touch , something is wrong with the shape of those lights.
I think it look very nice a baby M5.. those rear light with the white reflectors will look nice..

i saw the 325i parked in my dealer parking lot.. it look much nicer and smaller in real life..

·
Registered
15 Posts
michal12 said:
Auto motor und sport thinks it will look like this:

hoping that BMW will make M3 more agressive than M5..
M3 is scheduled for 2007, but who cares since Z4M might be coming this summer!!! :eek: (with full M3 V8 annd 7speed SMG) Can't wait!
Actually the Z4M is scheduled for January 2006 and right now it's slated to have the current M3 inline 6cyl. No news on transmission options at this time.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
UnitedBMW said:
Actually the Z4M is scheduled for January 2006 and right now it's slated to have the current M3 inline 6cyl. No news on transmission options at this time.
This makes much more sense... I find it really hard to believe that BMW would release the V8 in the Z4M before the M3..

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
absent said:
Looks way much better the the M5!
HAHAHHAHAHAHA you gotta be kidding right? hiha

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
vndkshn said:
This makes much more sense... I find it really hard to believe that BMW would release the V8 in the Z4M before the M3..
Here's the problem with the V8 in the Z4 - it will be faster than the M3, and possibly as fast as the M5. This would be a big problem for BMW. They can't have a relatively inexpensive Z4 be quicker than their M5 can they?? But if the V8 puts out 420+ hp, the Z4 could have a better HP/Weight ratio. I just don't think BMW will allow this.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
M6 Forever said:
E63 M6 still looks the best, in my opinion! Followed by the M5.
I agree! But I favor the M5. I like the 4 door super fast car concept. Thats just me.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Wolverine said:
Here's the problem with the V8 in the Z4 - it will be faster than the M3, and possibly as fast as the M5. This would be a big problem for BMW. They can't have a relatively inexpensive Z4 be quicker than their M5 can they?? But if the V8 puts out 420+ hp, the Z4 could have a better HP/Weight ratio. I just don't think BMW will allow this.
i think the point of the MZ4 is more an one-up against something like the Boxster S or SLK55. don't think any bmw buyers cross shop between a MZ4 and an M5. may be they buy both and enjoy them on different occassions.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts