BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
M3 for sure. Since you have the E46 M3 the M5 is going to feel like a BOAT! If you can keep the 46 then I would get the M5 maybe....

Don't get me wrong I love the M5 however the feeling you get from m3's vs m5's are not comparable, the m3 will always feel more planted.

As for fuel my buddy with his m3 has dct and gets 2mpg more then me doing the same stuff, a fair difference however nothing crazy.

Ironically, I'm looking at one tomorrow morning. It's an '08 and they are asking $40k

Single = M3, married with kids = M5
I have to disagree. I traded my e60 M5 for an e92 M3. I am married with a 7 year old. I loved my M5 and swore up and down I would never trade it....until I drove the M3 and I was hooked and sold!

M5 is the way to go, but I am biased because I have chosen to get an e60 M5 and keep my e36 M3 coupe for a toy. Best of both worlds! :wroom:

I'm also considering swapping the e60M5 for an e90M3. I love, LOVE the V10 but want something I can also use for DE and track days. I think I've decided that putting several $k's into a suspension setup for the M5 to serve as a DE car is trying to make the car something it isn't best suited for. It certainly can do it, but it's like wearing your nice suit to go play a game of pickup basketball. Instead, I think the M3 can be nicely modified to be a potent DE car and also a daily driver, even with two young kids and car seats.

So, anyone interested in an '07 e60 M5 with 38,xxx miles and mods as listed below? Will consider trade for an E9x M3. In the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.