BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wonder why our kit is 1.6k and the others are $800. $80 per horse power is a little painful.

Looks like a pretty solid upgrade if you can find E85 reliable around your area (I can not)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here are my dyno sheets. I have an Ethanol tester that once on a while ill check the E content at gas stations, I also tap the Flex Sensor with a multimeter and read my ethanol content. HEB here is always E80+ all year around. I do tests to also ensure my Turbo M3 gets fed well. Will do a E98 test and see results for the fun of it. That is what I currently run in my M3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dyno was at 79% E stock tune. I will see what it does with tune. So ill do a stock 93 dyno, 93 tuned dyno and the E85 dyno with both.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So I just spoke with someone from AFD and they are very interested in sending a kit and testing on my FI S85 - their tech guy is on vacation and will be back next week. They want us to connect when he comes back to discuss.

Also, spoke with BimmerPerformanceCenter in Raleigh and they want to tune it ........

Before I pull the trigger and jump on this going to discuss with others as well - I cant seem to leave well enough alone and every time I get the car dialed back in I make changes .......

For those with more experience running E85 - what are your thoughts on this kit and what potential pitfalls besides starting with a low level of E85 and increasing slowly watching air-fuel ratios?

My hope is to keep current boost since high compression and gain power by advancing the timing -

Wouldnt mind another 50 - 60 whp - 650 - 660 whp makes me want to SMILE! :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
Awesome! I would but im still waiting on the S63 kit / results to show promise

·
Registered
79 Posts
Gintani makes less power than AFD on E85 tunes. Also AFD is flex fuel, if u don't find E85, you have to change tunes with G. That's why I went with AFD. Also, I can see my E content with AFD, not with Gintani. I did my homework before purchasing as I was going to do Gintani but.... no matter price, I want powa. To play you pay.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Gintani makes less power than AFD on E85 tunes. Also AFD is flex fuel, if u don't find E85, you have to change tunes with G. That's why I went with AFD. Also, I can see my E content with AFD, not with Gintani. I did my homework before purchasing as I was going to do Gintani but.... no matter price, I want powa. To play you pay.

Awesome stuff man! AFD asked me to test and do some R/D on my e60 and is hooking me up so we can make this happen. I plan to install this within the next week or so once I receive the kit. My car made extremely impressive numbers on dyno jet on stock fuel pumps and I want to see how it holds up with the e85 and what additional gains it get. I plan to keep everyone posted here

Stay tuned..... I'm currently FBO Evolve custom headers and exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 139 Posts