BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One night the speakers in my ‘08 m6 started crackling/hissing really badly (sounded like rocks where being thrown at my windshield and underneath the car) I turned the audio off, finished my drive and headed home.

The next day crackling noice persisted and sitting at a stop sign maybe 5 minutes after I left my driveway I notice smoke coming from directly below the windshield in the center above the idrive display. Immediately pulled somewhere safe stopped the car and removed some fuses in the trunk responsible for the sound system. The crackling and smoking stopped.

Does anyone have any similiar experiences or reccomendations? Is this something I should have a bmw stealership handle or will my local auto audio repair be able to handle this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had that for a while I'm still not sure if this was the solution because I ignored it and just wouldn't play the radio loud. but I changed my alternator at 85k and and all that's gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Jdeez0112
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing