BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chip on my door, when I try to apply the Silverstone II A29 touch up paint, it comes up a little bluer compared to the car paint. However today when I randomly tried to apply it it came out perfectly, im not sure what i did differently (i think i didn't shake it?). Any advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a chip on my door, when I try to apply the Silverstone II A29 touch up paint, it comes up a little bluer compared to the car paint. However today when I randomly tried to apply it it came out perfectly, im not sure what i did differently (i think i didn't shake it?). Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Well I went to the local body dent repair shop that all the surrounding dealerships use and I discussed this very topic with the owner at length. He said:

1) He no longer does touch up paints to any marks on the cars. When he did them, he quickly found that no one is ever happy since they expect it to match perfectly and they never will for many many reasons.

2) The only way to get something to match is strip it completely and repaint it from scratch ensuring to blend it in to all surrounding panels.

3) He recommended applying the touch up paint using a tooth pick. It isn't absorbent and the point is fine enough to be able to control the paint's application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts