BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from SoCal, can someone please tell me if they know a shop or mechanic experienced in manual conversion for a E63 M6? I've been doing some readings, seems like mechanical part of it is easy but the coding is hard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I read that a shop name Gintani from LA has done it before, I will give them a call tomorrow and see whats the deal. But if anyone else have other experiences or recommendations, please share.

Sharing is caring =)

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you want a better idea on what is involved look on YouTube for a guy who did it to his M5, his user id is e39source or something.

Not a complete DIY but in depth review of everything required.

Not as simple compared to the manual swap for e46.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want a better idea on what is involved look on YouTube for a guy who did it to his M5, his user id is e39source or something.

Not a complete DIY but in depth review of everything required.

Not as simple compared to the manual swap for e46.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hey Buddy,

Thanks for the response!

Yeah I am well aware of that it is not as simple as a E46 swap, due to the difference between SMG II and SMG III. But I found a shop that not only has experience with E63 M6 swap but they were also successfully swapped a DCT to a E63.

I am trying to find out more details about that, the shop name Gintani seems to be the first and only shop in the world that has a DCT E63.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts