BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post this for reference, There are some E60 M5 vs F82 M4 videos out there but that was the closest I could find to this comparison. I messed around with an F80 M3 on the Autobahn yesterday, we weren't directly racing but we were both getting after it in the open stretches and had multiple pulls from various speeds. With a good amount of consistency, the M3 would pull 1-2 cars from 100-120mph, by 130 the M6 is back even and starting to pull away. Once you pass 140 the M6 is walking away and past 160 the separation is easier to measure in bus lengths.

This pretty much lines up with the M5 vs M4 videos linked above, as well as the similar 1/4 trap speeds despite the M3 having an edge in the 1/8. One caveat I should mention is that my M6 is a 6-speed manual, I never started in 3rd and I shifted between 7900-8000k, so some runs were handicapped by the 4th gear start, and all were negatively impacted by not pushing to redline as well as the fact that I can't shift as fast as an SMG. My car is bone stock other than charcoal filter delete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts