·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Need some exhaust help;

Current setup: ASR gen 3 mufflers, secondary cat delete

Goal: get a more high pitch noise f1 type of noise

I included a video of my current exhaust note (interlagos m6) and 2 youtube links of someone else’s exhaust setup with same mufflers. You should be able to notice that the other cars have a higher pitched note. Any ideas how to make my setup higher pitched?

Other car:
Other car:

My car: E63 M6 ASR Mufflers

·
Registered
426 Posts
H pipe/x-pipe will definitely change the tone. In my muscle cars I prefer the sound of an H pipe, it's more guttural.

A resonator can also smoothen out the tone, but I don't have any recommendations here for specific ones - others may have.

Good luck!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well in the case of the M6 it has the exact same set up as your M6. Maybe you’re hearing recording differences or something. Impossible to be sure without hearing both cars in person really. You do have stock headers right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well in the case of the M6 it has the exact same set up as your M6. Maybe you’re hearing recording differences or something. Impossible to be sure without hearing both cars in person really. You do have stock headers right?
Correct, I have stock headers and don’t have intentions to change them at the moment.
Some ideas I was thinking was to replace h-pipe with x-pipe. Or possibly take out the resonator and throw in an x pipe or straight pipes in this spot.

I’m really trying to see if someone has mufflers only, and has messed around with other parts of the exhaust system, and knows in fact that let’s say swapping h pipe for x pipe will give you a higher pitch /:

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
595 Posts
Havent been under the M6 in a while, but isn't there some sort of cross-over pipe from the factory? EDIT: just looked out of curiosity, but guess not, must have been confusing memory
with this

Font Bicycle part Tool Auto part Drawing

·
Registered
595 Posts
If I were you, I'd call the after market guys, and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Havent been under the M6 in a while, but isn't there some sort of cross-over pipe from the factory? EDIT: just looked out of curiosity, but guess not, must have been confusing memory
with this

View attachment 956434
From what I know that’s some sort of resonator. The h pipe I’m referring to is right infront of it.
Any exhaust video that I’ve heard that removes this makes the car much louder and much more aggressive sounding. Not really what I’m looking for, I would say I’m going for more of a “fluent” so to speak noise.

·
Registered
595 Posts
From what I know that’s some sort of resonator. The h pipe I’m referring to is right infront of it.
Any exhaust video that I’ve heard that removes this makes the car much louder and much more aggressive sounding. Not really what I’m looking for, I would say I’m going for more of a “fluent” so to speak noise.
eh, why bother, chicks don't appreciate it, and dudes in the know understand you have a V10 tucked in under the hood. :)

Reactions: Fourky

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eh, why bother, chicks don't appreciate it, and dudes in the know understand you have a V10 tucked in under the hood. :)
Eh you make a good point. Everyone that hears it says that it sounds amazing. And it has no drone at all. Crazy loud cold starts. I defiantly question if it’s even worth it messing with it more when it really does sound good

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hi everyone,

Need some exhaust help;

I included a video of my current exhaust note (interlagos m6) and 2 youtube links of someone else’s exhaust setup with same mufflers. You should be able to notice that the other cars have a higher pitched note. Any ideas how to make my setup higher pitched?

Other car:
Other car:

Need some exhaust help;

Other car:
Other car:

Take a look at that. See what you think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried posting some sound clips of my exhaust sound on my 2007 E64. Unfortunately the files are too big to insert. If you got an email I can send them in a zip file. LMK. Nonetheless I still have my stock exhaust. I deleted the rear muffler boxes, and a primary cat delete as well as a stage FP stage 2 tune. The beast sounds great IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts