BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sometimes my 2009 E63 M6 does not engage reverse gear and wont show R on the dash if I select reverse straight after turning the car on: even with the gear stick in R, it just shows N.

I can get it to engage reverse by going from N to D and then across to R, and then everything otherwise works fine.

I do have a slight battery issue, that has been ongoing since I bought the car 8 months ago, and a near constant "increased battery discharge", "set time and date" and "high rate of battery discharge" control messages.

I havent changed the battery as it starts the car fine still.

The reverse selection issue I described is not always the case, about half the time.

Pls advise if anybody knows of a possible link between the control messages and strange gear behaviour like this.
It has done 38,000 km. Mileage has been independently verified a number of times

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know its quite common for E60's to get random malfunctions show up due to a low battery. Your battery may have a sight glass which gives indication of readiness. I get about 4 years out of my E60 battery, and most batteries for that matter here in the Texas heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts