BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aust$270,000 ~ US$200,000 ~ Euro165,000 ~ Sterling115,000 (all rounded numbers)

Therefore, with on road costs and other "garbage fees", and maybe a couple of Indiviudal colours, probably looking at Aust$300,000. I expect "everything standard", as are the cases with the M5 here, and the 645Ci.

Extract:-

... for the most discerning of BMW customers, the wait till Christmas will be the most agonizing, because only then does the V10-powered 507 bhp (373 kW) M6 Coupé arrive.

A tiny allocation of cars has been assigned to Australia in 2005, with an all-too small batch to follow in 2006.

The M6 will be one of the rarest BMW models ever offered in Australia, and eager customers have already accounted for much of the production for 2006.

Priced at $270,000, the M6 offers all the supercars thrills of the M5 coupled with the distinctive two-door, four-seater shape of the 6 Series Coupé. The M6 features even more innovation than the already class leading 6 Series Coupé thanks to a weight-saving, centre of gravity lowering carbon fibre roof panel as well as lightweight carbon fibre bumpers and high-strength composite and aluminium panels.

The stringent weight reduction regimen and the muscular V10 engine conspire to deliver the best power to weight ratio that a BMW M car has ever offered. Add to that a feature list laden with every conceivable BMW system and you have a car that will be impossible to beat on any score, be it performance, technological innovation, exclusivity or price.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow £115,000! Mine is coming in fully loaded with full leather at around £85,000 although there are no individual colours. Even so if you allowed as much as £10,000 for Individual it is still £20K more.

And I thought we were ripped off in this country! :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Autobahnraser said:
I'd like to know what sort of taxes are included in this price.
Here, we have two main taxes which are part of the Aust$270,000: Goods & Services Tax (GST), and Luxury Car Tax (LCT). The LCT is the significant component, which is 25% on every dollar above about Aust$57,000 (this threshold can change, and LCT is applied to the excess dollar net of GST). LCT is pure nonesense, as we are already paying a 10% GST before the LCT. It's there just to raise more revenue (grrrrrrr) . Almost all dealers quietly acknowleadge that in many models, the government makes more money than they do, especially on the top of the line models, where LCT simply takes over.

Then there are smaller state taxes (i.e. depending on which state you buy and register) and dealer delivery charges (grrrrrrr ), which are therefore not included in the Aust$270,000.

The good news is I think the M6 will have virtually everything standard (which is the case with the M5, and almost the case with the 645Ci). So anymore spend will depend on Individual requirements.

·
Registered
457 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Here, we have two main taxes which are part of the Aust$270,000: Goods & Services Tax (GST), and Luxury Car Tax (LCT). The LCT is the significant component, which is 25% on every dollar above about Aust$57,000 (this threshold can change, and LCT is applied to the excess dollar net of GST). LCT is pure nonesense, as we are already paying a 10% GST before the LCT. It's there just to raise more revenue (grrrrrrr) . Almost all dealers quietly acknowleadge that in many models, the government makes more money than they do, especially on the top of the line models, where LCT simply takes over.

Then there are smaller state taxes (i.e. depending on which state you buy and register) and dealer delivery charges (grrrrrrr ), which are therefore not included in the Aust$270,000.

The good news is I think the M6 will have virtually everything standard (which is the case with the M5, and almost the case with the 645Ci). So anymore spend will depend on Individual requirements.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Very informative. Here in Germany we only pay a 16% VAT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts