BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The standard E60 wheels are size 8.5x19 fronts and 9.5x19 rears. Can anyone assist me in discovering what the wheel offsets are? The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel.

My new car arrives in October, I wish to prepare for winter with appropriate aftermarket wheels and performance winter tires. I do not like BMW's standard (only) winter offering.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Write me privately & we can discuss as I need the same. we can compare findings.

[email protected]

noel said:
The standard E60 wheels are size 8.5x19 fronts and 9.5x19 rears. Can anyone assist me in discovering what the wheel offsets are? The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel.

My new car arrives in October, I wish to prepare for winter with appropriate aftermarket wheels and performance winter tires. I do not like BMW's standard (only) winter offering.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for those numbers. It looks like I will be going with the Pirelli Winter Sport 240 and/or 240 Sottozero winter tires, in 18" sizes, using a wider tire at the back. I know that this car will not be appropriate for use plowing snow; most of my winter driving in it will be on cold dry or wet roads with occassional patches of ice or hard pack. I want to maximize winter dry driving ability.

Now to the Tire Rack.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank goodness i live in san diego california

noel said:
Thank you for those numbers. It looks like I will be going with the Pirelli Winter Sport 240 and/or 240 Sottozero winter tires, in 18" sizes, using a wider tire at the back. I know that this car will not be appropriate for use plowing snow; most of my winter driving in it will be on cold dry or wet roads with occassional patches of ice or hard pack. I want to maximize winter dry driving ability.

Now to the Tire Rack.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm interested in knowing what after market wheels you purchased for your M5?
noel said:

Now to the Tire Rack.

Thanks again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts