BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I am in need of some expertise and some help from the M5 gods. I am very new to this forum & look forward to meeting you all at the next coming car meets.

While washing my car this past weekend at my parents house I was in charge of not only babysitting my 6 year old nephew but also cleaning my car for a nice little night ride that evening.

I noticed that I had left my phone inside that took me some time to find it, I heard my nephew outside playing so I thought nothing of it since the other kids were outside playing too. As i walk outside to my car I see my nephew and two other kids holding the hose into the trunk of my car pretty much filled it up with water like it was a pool. Long story short everything in my trunk was drenched under water as you all know E60 M5 has many electrical components in the trunk.

I did my very best to dry everything off from using a vacuum to a blower to taking everything apart and Drying every possible electrical component I could find.

Current Status:
The Beast is cranking but it is not completely turning I changed up the starter relay the fuel pump relay got a new battery and I almost got it to start but the portable jumper ran out of battery it completely turned one time but that's where I'm stuck at I don't know what to do please someone help please don't tell me that I am s*** out of luck or dead in the water (pun intended).

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated I'm asking for anyone's expertise and if the M5 Gods could bless me with their help because I am really new to this forum and I love everything that you guys are talking about and are doing and I look forward to being a huge part of it but please someone help I'm dying out here. I don't know what to do next!?!? S.O.S.

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
664 Posts
I've heard that too many tries in a no-start situation will shutdown the computers and something needs reset. you might want to google around on that info and see what you come up with. man, your nephew sounds like he was pissed off about something!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts