BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the magazine review but have yet to see any thing about the video. Has anyone seen it yet?

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
ATBNM3 said:
Since no one else has it either I will post it here when I get it.
Excellent.

The Top Gear E39 M5 testdrive is a classic...hopefully the E60 M5 testdrive will be as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There's two more episodes of Top Gear before this current series runs out, so let's hope that they have the review in one of the two, otherwise we'd have to wait until about February or March to see it, which would suck. Here's to hoping! :cheers:

B

·
0 Posts
kees said:
Excellent.

The Top Gear E39 M5 testdrive is a classic...hopefully the E60 M5 testdrive will be as well.
True, however, this time the classic M5 testdrive may come from 5th Gear, as Tiff is no longer working for Top Gear.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Last week when they mentioned the new M6 Clarkson looked seriously interested

"Want one! Want one of those! Want one badly!"

I expect to see a review on the M5 before this series ends. I can even predict what Clarkson will do. He will act very impressed in the begining, then find some tiny little flaws and end up saying the car is pointless. But it's still fun to see what he has to say, and the Stig never fails to entertain

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to get a 360 Modena this year but the E60 ///M5 has completely change my mind.

B

·
0 Posts
ATBNM3 said:
I was going to get a 360 Modena this year but the E60 ///M5 has completely change my mind.
Maybe a quick drive in a F430 will change your mind again.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I don't even see the comparison between a F430 and a M5. The M5 has many things in its favor, but if you want a car for real sports car driving, there is only one choice IMHO.

That F430 is SPECTACULAR!

·
Registered
722 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
I don't even see the comparison between a F430 and a M5. The M5 has many things in its favor, but if you want a car for real sports car driving, there is only one choice IMHO.

That F430 is SPECTACULAR!
No Question about it. The F430 is absolutely spectacular, yet a Ferrari seems to fall into a separate automotive category all to itself, the category of "garage art." I feel very comfortable driving a Porsche 911 every day to work, taking many long road trips, and then trading the car in 6 years later with 90,000 miles on the odometer. How many Ferrari owners actually make full use of their cars like that? If I acquired a rock chip on my Ferrari, I'd probably pull to the roadside and weep. Over several years of ownership, a business associate of mine has put very few miles on his Maranello, and has never once driven it to work. The car he drives is a BMW. In a sense, therefore, comparison of a Ferrari to any other "normal" car, be it two-door or four-door, may be more theoretical than practical. ;)

Richard

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m not on “the list” and can’t afford the price after speculation which should be over 300K for the first yearouich. I have a friend who is number 42 in the nation to get his and he’s been on the list for 3 and half years. The 360 is an awesome car but the ///M5 is such a value. I don’t think I’ll have much problems putting them behind me when canyon running.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The F430 is definately the better looking when comparing to the Enzo. Still don't much like the rear of it. I stll think the 360 is one of the sexist Ferraris in a long while.

That said, I wouldn't turn one down. I agree however on the amount of use that Richard points out. I know there are dozens in my area, but I rarely see one. I can say the same about Lambos.

Why buy a car if you aren't going to drive it? I get each and every one of my cars out every month (exception being weather related problems).

If I felt the need to worry about a car, I wouldn't buy it. It isn't worth the stress. Dings happen. Sure, I don't take some of my cars to certian areas... but I still take them places.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I cant wait to see what time the stig can get on the track...

all the best
adam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vndkshn said:
The F430 is definately the better looking when comparing to the Enzo. Still don't much like the rear of it. I stll think the 360 is one of the sexist Ferraris in a long while.

That said, I wouldn't turn one down. I agree however on the amount of use that Richard points out. I know there are dozens in my area, but I rarely see one. I can say the same about Lambos.

Why buy a car if you aren't going to drive it? I get each and every one of my cars out every month (exception being weather related problems).

If I felt the need to worry about a car, I wouldn't buy it. It isn't worth the stress. Dings happen. Sure, I don't take some of my cars to certian areas... but I still take them places.
I'm a driver and I would drive the heck out of my 360. I have a good friend that owns a Ferrari service shop in Colorado so that won't be bad. I just can't resist the E60's performance and I love the looks (its my desk top right now).

·
Registered
722 Posts
BeastPower said:
A pretty rare statement from what I have seen.

Cheers, Daniel.
This may not affect the rarity of ATBNM3's statement, but the desktop on my computer alternates 15-20 pictures of the E60 M5.

Richard

B

·
0 Posts
rsteele said:
This may not affect the rarity of ATBNM3's statement, but the desktop on my computer alternates 15-20 pictures of the E60 M5.

Richard
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would personally purchase the e60 M5, as I do like most of the design. I don't like the way it looks from certain angles, and the least favorite feature for me are the headlights. I like 80% of the way the exterior looks and 70% of the way the interior looks, which is good enough for me to want to own it.

When I first saw the e39 back in '96, I was not very impressed with the exterior, but the M5 body-kit adds a lot to the look, a statement also true for the e60.

Cheers, Daniel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts