BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sweet! What’s the next project?
KW v3 coilovers which have been on backordered going on 9 weeks this Monday. Suppose to arrive from Germany next week July 22nd fingers crossed.
AZA auto steering wheel still deciding which one to go with.
RPI section 3 exhaust.
Carbon fiber rear diffuser.

In that order :grin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sweet! What’s the next project?
KW v3 coilovers which have been on backordered going on 9 weeks this Monday. Suppose to arrive from Germany next week July 22nd fingers crossed.
AZA auto steering wheel still deciding which one to go with.
RPI section 3 exhaust.
Carbon fiber rear diffuser.

In that order /vbulletin/images/M5Board_vbtoucan/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Definitely post pics when you’re done!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
not to give you more of a CF diffuser itch..but I have a NIB Dinmann rear diffuser that I can be persuaded to sell :devil

·
Registered
35 Posts
how easy is it to get the oem button out without breaking it?
Exercise caution when handling the M button. There are two rocker tabs behind it which will come out easily and inevitably will find their way into a seat rail. (I used a blower vac to locate it when one of mine disappeared into thin air). Otherwise its a ten minute job and is easier than you think.

The stop start button is easier still. I popped the fascia cover and unscrewed the module holding the button. Then just lifted it out with a knife. The replacement just pops straight back in.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
The stop start button is easier still. I popped the fascia cover and unscrewed the module holding the button. Then just lifted it out with a knife. The replacement just pops straight back in.
my start/stop button sticks if I don't push it in on the very bottom of the button (under the "start" letters). Came out to a dead battery after the gym b/c the car kept spazing and going in and out of "accessories" mode

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anywhere to order the push start and M button WITHOUT paying $70 shipping cost to ship to UK when both parts cost only $55 bloody bucks from Autotechnik!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Put mine in back in August and I love it. I actually drilled out the old m button since it was easier. Bought mine from IND and actually came fairly quick. the red Start/Stop is from ebay though. Should be fun having to swap it over to another steering wheel when i order one.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I cannot figure out how to take the button out, I got a spare trim piece but the button under the M one is different to mine (Star, mine has a CD symbol) so need to swap them over. Cannot see how it unclips out?

·
Registered
421 Posts
yeah only place is IND $110+ shipped and Autotech....sod it going to leave it OEM
I saw one on ebay for $30 and $59 with the start button. Not sure about the quality though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just got my Autoteknic buttons installed. Love them! They look quality, the lettering is kind of gray and looks amazing on that candy red background.

I did notice though that the airbag/horn piece has a visible gap that let’s the passenger see the inner part, have any of you noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 113 Posts