BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sweet. I just bought the last one!
and this is why I bought one before I linked it on the forum. I wanted to make sure I got one haha.

Edit: noticed they already relisted it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Textbook marketing. consumers tend to buy things quicker when they think said item is in short supply.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Textbook marketing. consumers tend to buy things quicker when they think said item is in short supply.
No doubt!

Not that it matters, if you were planning on buying one anyway.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Lol I thought the same thing. We were all so envious of the E9x M3 owners Now here we are

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
Lol...easier to add a “red” button than adding 2 more cylinders.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Too bad he raised the price. congratulations to those who purchased already.
mine looks like it will be here Friday :wroom:

To install you have to remove the airbag and then the trim piece right? Might as well clean my steering angle sensor while I'm at it.

lol he did raise the price. Times must be tough when you need to raise the price $5 for a freakin button lol

FYI...still $25 on the techic website.....but not sure what the site charges for shipping

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Mine arrived. Quality looks decent. I know what I’m doing later.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
So this thing a real PITA to install. The back piece of the button is snapped into the M button. I couldn’t see or figure out how to remove it from each other and forcefully pushed it the control console. In the process I broke the original M button and part of small guide. I just re-glued the guide and will reinstall when dried. I can see why the E60 M button wasn’t mass produced. There is probably a better way than what I did but overall I don’t think I broke anything major.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
So this thing a real PITA to install. The back piece of the button is snapped into the M button. I couldn’t see or figure out how to remove it from each other and forcefully pushed it the control console. In the process I broke the original M button and part of small guide. I just re-glued the guide and will reinstall when dried. I can see why the E60 M button wasn’t mass produced. There is probably a better way than what I did but overall I don’t think I broke anything major.

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey
Wow, is it that much of a pain?

I’m about 2,000 miles away from my e60 until next week.

Glad you were able to install it.

Looks good.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
About this Discussion
89 Replies
25 Participants
horse86
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing