BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I started to code e60 LCI 540, I've noticed the car does not start without putting remote into ignition slot, is that normal? I have pre LCI M5 and I can start the car without putting the remote into ignition slot. The question is, can I code the 540 to start without putting remote into ignition slot?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Your post makes absolutely no sense. If you're saying that you've always had to put the key in the slot to start the car....and you cannot unlock your doors just by touching the handle, then you do not have comfort access and you cannot just code these features into the car. If you do have comfort access and it just stopped working or became very sporadic, then you likely need to replace your diversity antenna.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, this is not my car, I dont know if it has working comfort access then stopped. How to know if there was comfort access or not?

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you have comfort access the remote will have a removable battery. Compare the remote from the 540 and the M5.
I don't think this is true. All remotes have removable batteries....whether it's a regular remote or a CA remote.

The best thing to do is have the OP ask the owner if he had been able to unlock the doors just by touching the handle. If so, then he has CA.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't think this is true. All remotes have removable batteries....whether it's a regular remote or a CA remote.

The best thing to do is have the OP ask the owner if he had been able to unlock the doors just by touching the handle. If so, then he has CA.
CA remotes do have a lid on the back for the battery that can be removed. Non CA remotes don't have the lid on the back.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well, this is not my car, I dont know if it has working comfort access then stopped. How to know if there was comfort access or not?
Maybe you can find that info from the link below. Enter the last 7 characters of the VIN.

BMW Baureihenarchiv · BMW Vehicle Identification Number Decoder · bmwarchiv.de

<TABLE class="table table-striped table-condensed"> <TBODY> <TR> <TD> <CENTER>S322A</CENTER></TD> <TD>Komfortzugang</TD> <TD>Comfort access</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts