BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two E60 M5's running in the One Lap this year, as well as a strong BMW field! BMW is THE Official Car of the 2008 One Lap. We are running the 2008 One Lap of America for the 2nd consecutive year in our 2006 Dinan M5, be sure to keep up with us on our live online blog. The One Lap starts tomorrow Firday May 2nd!

A special thanks to our sponsors:
- Exotic Car Transport
- C2 Design
- Dinan Cars
- Carbotech Brakes
- Ground Control
- Air Tran
- Angel iBright

Our LIVE Blog!
http://technikm5.blogspot.com/

www.onelapofamerica.com

Our Charity: Donations are welcome!!!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
VERY nice! Can we count on you for updatign us here in the thread / new threads as well?

I wish you guys good luck and how can I get a m5board.com sticker on your car?

Gustav

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
scribed...

Is there an auxilary fuel tank??

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Gustav,

We ran M5board & M6board decals last year, I'll try and get on on the car this time around!

Keep up with us LIVE on our blog at the top of my first post!

Aux fuel tank?! LOL! Not in the M5, although we do get over 300 highway miles cruising around 75-80!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Great!!

'Looking forward to your posts and blog. I've been following this event since inception. 'Consider it a true endurance and car attribute test; all in a variety of track trials.

Do you know whether that M6 (which had bad luck at the end) from last year is going to be competing again this year??

Good luck!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the support! The M6 is my good frend Derek's car that Tom Long drove last year, and it will not be competing this year. The M6 due to being a 2 door was in the highest rank class of the One Lap. GT1 BigBore, competing against Hennessy Vipers and etc.

Do look for something in the coming months Roundel though!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Have a great race and good luck

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hey guys i just want to say Congrats on the efort tath you guys put in this race. Sound's like you guys are haveing some fun out there. ps saw you guys Saturday morning on my way to a bmw meet @ Indiana Dunes. I gave you guys a:M5thumbs:. Hope you guys fixed the car after RoadAmerica. It's a fast track, i ran this track a few times in my moded M3, but last year i took the beast for a few laps and i hit the gravel on turn 5, but at least it was fast up the hill to thurn1 and down to thurn five. Good luck and hope to read some more:byee55amg .

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lot's of blog updates and great pictures and video!

Joe, thank you for the thumbs up buddy! Next year we shall continue this Saga!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
'Have a question.......

Lot's of blog updates and great pictures and video!

Joe, thank you for the thumbs up buddy! Next year we shall continue this Saga!!!!!!
First, congrats to your team on finishing the event. And also congrats on the other M5 finishing 1st in class!! 'Have read your blog and obviously, you guys had a gloriously good time.

'Looked at the official finishing order on "One Lap's" website. Man, there's some SERIOUS cars and drivers listed!! Is it true that the overall winning Porsche 996TT is FIVE wins in a row?? 2004 thru 2008?? 'Dunno about you, but THAT seems simply incredible to me!! Especially in the face of annual HEAVY competition from big $$$ teams!! Have you met DaVia and Wikstrom?? Clearly, their car is top notch; but are they also highly accomplished amatuer drivers??

Anyway, have a great summer and good luck next year!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
First, congrats to your team on finishing the event. And also congrats on the other M5 finishing 1st in class!! 'Have read your blog and obviously, you guys had a gloriously good time.

'Looked at the official finishing order on "One Lap's" website. Man, there's some SERIOUS cars and drivers listed!! Is it true that the overall winning Porsche 996TT is FIVE wins in a row?? 2004 thru 2008?? 'Dunno about you, but THAT seems simply incredible to me!! Especially in the face of annual HEAVY competition from big $$$ teams!! Have you met DaVia and Wikstrom?? Clearly, their car is top notch; but are they also highly accomplished amatuer drivers??

Anyway, have a great summer and good luck next year!!
http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12143#post12143

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the blog guys. Good reading and congratulations on your performance.

"Thank you to BMW financial services for leasing me this M5 to race the One Lap" :rofl:

I have a question for you though. I ordered the camber plate from Ground Control and have read here that there are issues related to any plates with the EDC. Is that what kept causing the malfunction? You maxed out the negative camber and knocked off the EDC connector?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DRM,

Yes, there is some VERY SERIOUS competition in the One Lap every year, and this year the competition was the most stout it has ever been! And yes, DaVia/Wilkstom won for the 5th time in a ROW! The have a great package with the AWD 996tt with some GT2 running gear and many track prepped upgrades with around 650hp. DaVia is an accomplished multiple Solo 2 National Champion and is just overall a consistant driver. That is what it takes to win the One Lap of America, consistancy. They always finished top 5 or top 10 and didn't miss an event with a dnf. 5 in a row is almost unthinkable, but it is true! They even had problems this year with the ECU! had to get anew one evernighted an installed, the car died in the middle of the staight at Road America in the begining of the event and those guys still managed to pull off an over all win!

ttailon,

The Ground control Camber plates were not the problem, although the alignment shop that did max out the camber and the top of the strut rubbed against the strut tower was the cause of the connector getting knocked off. So, just make sure there is atleast a 1/8" between the EDC connector and the top of the strut tower. My EDC connector got damaged as well, the clips at the bottom are weak and the rubber seal at the top is torn, so it will have to be replaced. A VERY important lesson that we learned and now can pass on to everyone here... Good news that the car did not sustain major damage, just the front bumper and it should be arriving shortly by transport services from our sponsor Exotic Car Transport in Orlando, Fl.

Thanks for all your support everyone! Yes, one of the major goals of the event is to finish and that we did! :cheers:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some great pictures added, and especially for the M5 DRAG RACE at Beaver run, May 9th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts