BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is getting crazy to the point where I think I need to start carrying a video camera with me! You may recall last month, we ran into a nice silver E60 ///M5 on the 101 freeway that we got to play with a little with the E39 beast:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51794

Yesterday, on the same stretch of freeway, we ran into two E60 ///M5's and an unbadged non-M E60 all with distributor plates following each other in procession.

See attached pics

The wierd thing was that the silver ///M5 still had the black duct tape all over the lower body panels, silver duct tape over the front wheel grates, and that big mag-mount antenna like we saw in the death valley testing last year.

the blue one however was show-room ready, including the rear ///M5 badging. a very beautiful color of metallic blue I might add.

With so many sightings out here I think im going to have to get a better camera than my cellphone so you can see some of this stuff.

Anyone who wants to see and drive with E60 ///M5's, all you need to do is come out to the 101 freeway in Ventura County, CA, and they are all over the place!! Makes me wonder why it will be so long until we start seeing these beasties in the showroom!!!
??????

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Awesome! The employees at the VDC drive them around and get to take them home too! They said so during the VDC tour!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts